Does anyone have Series 3 GPS & Cellular

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by dorrien12, Oct 10, 2017.

1. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

I am getting mine tomorrow, hope it comes early in the day. For those that have it, how do you like it?

2. appleaddict73

appleaddict73 New Member

I got mine today! Stainless, 42mm. I love it and IMHO its a very nice step up from my Series 1

• Like Like x 4
  3. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

Are you using any type of screen protector or case on it.

4. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Don’t have the series 3 yet, but will soon!! Just got a series 2 a couple weeks ago on sale. Anyways. For screen protector, either Zagg or ArmorSuit screen protectors seem to work very well. I tried a couple of the tempered glass screens off eBay, they are okay, but am currently using the Zagg HD clear screen protector and I plan on changing it out to one of the ArmorSuit ones when I get time. Here are pics of the ones I have used and have had good luck with. IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0011.JPG
    Both sport lifetime warranties as well. Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy that new series 3 cellular + GPS Watch!!! Good day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 933

933 Well-Known Member

And as for a case, I have been using the catalyst case. Have a Spigen Tough Armor Coming and will try that next. Also have one eBay I got that is supposed to be good for bumps and scratching. Pic of the catalyst case IMG_0011.JPG
    I Suppose to me these watches are more an investment like my phone, and I want my investment as safe as possible!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

Thanks all for your reply. I want the self healing screen protector. So I'm gonna get that Armorsuit and still possibly a bumper. Do anyone plan to use both a screen protector and a bumper?

• Like Like x 2
  7. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

The new series 3 Apple Watch is probably more water resistant than the case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

I ended up with the X-Doria Defense case for now. But will return as the series 3 has two holes on the left bottom corner and the case has one hole (older model), but it will do for now. I already had a clear case from Caseology, it was clear but I didn't like the look, so I returned it for the X-Doria.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. 933

933 Well-Known Member

I use the case more for bumps and scratching. The catalyst screen protector that is. My series 2 is water resistant plenty enough without it. But it does offer great protection to the watch with a good screen protector. I have banged my watch several times hard and if not for the case I know it would have been scratched. But enough of that. The watches are just nice and I guess I like to keep my things that way for as long as I can. Scratch free and no broken screens!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 933

933 Well-Known Member

I tried both those cases and even the New Trent case off eBay. None gave me the same protection as the catalyst has. The last one I have to try is the Spigen Tough Armor case. If it works well, at least I’ll have a different case to use. It’s become an obsession to find a good case that covers the edges of the screen properly LOL!! Anyhow. Enjoy that new watch and hopefully they will make some cases that are actually made for the series 3 Watch.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

Please come back and share what you find. And with pictures, I'm interested to see what people find.

Am I asking too much as a female to want it fully protected but still a little slim looking so I can dress it up?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Not at all. It’s the same I want. Don’t want it to be too bulky. The Catalyst case that I have on it is as about as bulky as I would like to go. I will take some pics for sure. I’ll find one that I like hopefully. I’ve just about exhausted my search. There are a couple other cases I could try, and may, but I am hopeful that the Spigen case will be the ticket. The New Trent case I got isn’t too bad, and it doesn’t make the watch too bulky, will have to put it on tomorrow and see how it works. Anyhow. Will keep updating as I go. I know my watch isn’t series 3, but it’s the series 2, and I am pretty sure that for the moment that the cases made for the series 2 watches may work with the series 3. Some won’t as you have seen for yourself. I will try my best though. Have a good one until later. Good Evening.

13. zstairlessone

zstairlessone Well-Known Member

I would be hard pressed to put a case on an Apple Watch, I am a minimalist when it comes to what I wear or carry. I like quality, not gaudy.

• Like Like x 3
  14. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

I had a Gear S when I was with Android and I didn't use anything. My son (18 yrs) has had one for a year now and no problems (knock on wood). But the Apple watch's glass is more exposed then my Gear S was. I love it naked but am fearful that I may crack it.

After I purchase Applecare + for it and after getting used to wearing one again (1 yr without), I'll probably remove everything as I like the way it looks by itself.

15. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

Hey guys this is not my first smartwatch but it is my first Apple watch. I turned it off and it took 1:30.37 to turn back on. That seems like a long time to me. I have 11 songs and 4 applications on it. I still have 12.1GB of RAM, so not much on there. Running IOS 4.0.1 on T-Mobile.

Any takers on timing the boot up after turning it off? I'd appreciate the comparisons.