What's new

Does a lightning bolt always mean your iPhone has a bad charging port?

iZIGGA

Reaction score
i have seen the lightning bolt symbol on several phones. i replace the charging port with a new one and i still get the same symbol. could
there be another issue besides the charging port?

If you mean the lightening bolt symbol in the battery of your status bar, that means the phone is charging. If/when you see a plug icon in that battery, the phone is fully charged.

These are the normal icons indicating normal iPhone ops.

Marilyn

no i mean a red lightning bolt when you plug it it. it usually means the charging port is bad....

Where is this "red lightning bold" at? I've never seen or heard anything about a visual correlation to hardware defects.

My old iPod touch does that. When the battery is totally dead it shows the red battery with the bolt. Maybe your battery is bad?

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

i have seen the lightning bolt symbol on several phones. i replace the charging port with a new one and i still get the same symbol. could
there be another issue besides the charging port?

It could be a fault anywhere in the charging circuitry that prevents a charge from taking place. You'll have to have a diagnostic test run on your phone to determine where the fault lies.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator