What's new

Do those battery cases really work?

jpjr50

Reaction score
My Company forced me to move to an iPhone 7 Plus today. I've been on a Samsung Galaxy since 2014.

I started with the Galaxy S5 which was a great phone but the charger door broke off then I dropped it in a puddle. Of course it was waterproof only if that charger door was closed so that was toast.

The Company gave me a Galaxy S6 which by far was the worst Samsung phone ever. Had no memory card slot, first year with non-removable battery which didn't last but a couple of hours (maybe 8 if you were lucky).

I hated the S6 so much I zip tied a quarter stick of dynamite to it and blew it up. Of course the phone decided to get tough and it didn't blow up in a million pieces. If you want to see the video here it is

So they gave me a S7 which was a great phone but 4 months later the battery wouldn't charge so they sent me another one then today same thing. Apparently I was the only hold out in the entire Company with a Samsung but today they are 100% iPhone now that I switched.

They are forcing me to put a case on it along with a screen protector that they will pay for. I ordered a 7000 mAh battery case because why not they are paying for it. If it sucks I'll throw it away and put the $10 Amazon clear case on it.

Anyone have experience with these? Is it gimmicky?

Welcome to iPhone Forums, jpjr50!

My son uses a battery case on his iPhone 6, which helps him with extending periods without charging his device. Afaik, he likes it.

Before I went on holidays this month, I've also ordered a battery case, and I'm glad I did it. My iPhone 7 Plus would usually last about two days when I'm at home. I took quite a few pictures and used Google Maps, the local journey planner, and other apps while I was away. Without the case, my iPhone's battery would have been flat after just a few hours.

My Company forced me to move to an iPhone 7 Plus today. I've been on a Samsung Galaxy since 2014.

I started with the Galaxy S5 which was a great phone but the charger door broke off then I dropped it in a puddle. Of course it was waterproof only if that charger door was closed so that was toast.

The Company gave me a Galaxy S6 which by far was the worst Samsung phone ever. Had no memory card slot, first year with non-removable battery which didn't last but a couple of hours (maybe 8 if you were lucky).

I hated the S6 so much I zip tied a quarter stick of dynamite to it and blew it up. Of course the phone decided to get tough and it didn't blow up in a million pieces. If you want to see the video here it is

So they gave me a S7 which was a great phone but 4 months later the battery wouldn't charge so they sent me another one then today same thing. Apparently I was the only hold out in the entire Company with a Samsung but today they are 100% iPhone now that I switched.

They are forcing me to put a case on it along with a screen protector that they will pay for. I ordered a 7000 mAh battery case because why not they are paying for it. If it sucks I'll throw it away and put the $10 Amazon clear case on it.

Anyone have experience with these? Is it gimmicky?
I've used the Mophie Juice Pack battery cases on my iPhones and haven't had any issues with them. When my main battery was getting low, I turned on the Juice Pack and it proceeded to charge the main battery. The battery charges at a slower rate than if it was plugged into the regular charger but it certainly provided enough extra battery power when I needed it.

Okay all good results so far, glad I ordered this case then.

Thanks for the welcome, it was my first post.

I would have to charge my Galaxy S7 twice a day. Alarm went off at 6AM every morning, put it on the charger by 2:30PM so I could get through the second half of the day. By 10PM it went on the charger as I slept.

I'm a heavy user, the S7 brightness was always on 100% and the resolution always at 2K. It has the option for 720p, 1080p, etc, but of course I want the best one. I also used Amplitube app which is a guitar amps and pedals program. I can play my guitar with the plug in and headphones anywhere, was only for Android. I have to figure out how I can get my $100 worth of amps / pedals onto the iOS Amplitube program. I don't want to buy all this again, I'll send them an email.

I've never needed the battery case. I use mine a lot, but it'll last all day easy enough, so probably not as much as you.

My dad on the other hand feels the need for the battery case. He loves it and insists I should get one.

Sorry for the hijack, but I love that LP. I agonized over a traditional just like yours when I got my Custom 22. Congrats!!

Sorry for the hijack, but I love that LP. I agonized over a traditional just like yours when I got my Custom 22. Congrats!!

Ooh, I'll own a PRS someday. I'm going to fellow YouTuber's house to play 3 PRS soon. Subscribe to my channel because I'm going to make a video about it. I then may get a PRS.

I've only been playing guitar for 2 years so I'm still a noob.

I got the case, wow. I don't charge the phone anymore...I charge the case and charge the phone with that when it's at 2%.

I bought the 7000 mAh one so it's powerful for a few days.

The phone is heavy now but I travel for a living and now I don't have to worry about being a slave to a charger.

I can only speak for mophies and the apple smart battery cases.

Mophies always worked but were big/bulky and rather non-efficient. I usually bought the new one that came or every few months (they release multiple mophies a year).

I finally got sick of buying mophies every few months for my 6 and 6s and bought an Apple Smart Battery Case - it is hands down the best battery case I've ever used , I'd easily pay $200 for it.