What's new

Do the iphone apps use internet usage even when offline

tvmovielover

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering cause I'm on contract and I really don't want to go over lol when I download an app like say a game then just press the home button to leave the app does that app still use Internet usage even when I'm no using the app?

No, the app will not use significant data when it's in the background. It's freeze there and that's all. But if you trying to download a game app from the store, and start the downloading process but because it's taking time to finish the download you decide to turn off the phone and forget about the game app you've started downloading, then even though the screen is turned off the download process will continue till installation of the game. You might think that you've canceled or stop the downloading by turning off the display where by it will still keep on downloading.

If you start downloading and find out that you want to wait till later or to have wifi when the app starts downloading tap it and it will pause the download. But putting the phone to sleep will not stop it. Some apps that you have that give you update badges like email and such does use data in back ground to check for updates or new emails. But the amount of data they request is pretty small until you open it and retrieve the data.

Brill thanks I was just wondering that's ok then :D thank you

I have a question along the same lines...do the apps, like FaceBook use data?

I have a question along the same lines...do the apps, like FaceBook use data?

Please use the search function or start a new thread. This is consider hijacking a thread and is against the rules.