What's new

Deploying iPhone

garytaylor

Reaction score
I have installed the Configuration Utility on my pc. I can push and email configuration changes to iPhone 4. Want to avoid having each user install iTunes to activate phone on Verizon's network. There may be some times where I'll have phone and can't get it to user right away - overnight shipping is my alternative. Is there a way to setup everything short of activating phone, and have user activate without connecting to iTunes? What are others policies in cases like this?

I have installed the Configuration Utility on my pc. I can push and email configuration changes to iPhone 4. Want to avoid having each user install iTunes to activate phone on Verizon's network. There may be some times where I'll have phone and can't get it to user right away - overnight shipping is my alternative. Is there a way to setup everything short of activating phone, and have user activate without connecting to iTunes? What are others policies in cases like this?

While I have no first hand experience with your exact question, I believe I can give you some very good news that should make the question moot in about six weeks or so. iOS 5 will not require a direct connect to iTunes to activate. Which means you should be able to push all settings and then they can do over-the-air activation when they receive the phone.