What's new

deleting multiple emails at one time on iphone6s

juniorhashim

Reaction score
how do i clear all the emails in a folder at one go -
i can do it in some folders but not in others(i.e. the "trash folder")

In the Inbox, tap Edit. Then mark 1 email. Move will appear somewhere. In my case, it's at the bottom. Tap and hold Move, and unmark the email you've marked before. Let go of Move. Then you'll get the number of emails in the Inbox at the top, and you can decide where to move them all. It works the same in the Sent folder.

In Trash, simply tap Edit, then you can delete them all - Delete All appears at the bottom.

In the Inbox, tap Edit. Then mark 1 email. Move will appear somewhere. In my case, it's at the bottom. Tap and hold Move, and unmark the email you've marked before. Let go of Move. Then you'll get the number of emails in the Inbox at the top, and you can decide where to move them all. It works the same in the Sent folder.

In Trash, simply tap Edit, then you can delete them all - Delete All appears at the bottom.

i tapped on "edit" and got "mark all" - i tapped on "mark all" and got the following options:-
flag
mark as read
cancel -
there was no option to delete -

a subsidiary question - how do i ensure that i get an email when someone replies to my thread etc.

i tapped on "edit" and got "mark all" - i tapped on "mark all" and got the following options:-
flag
mark as read
cancel -
there was no option to delete -

a subsidiary question - how do i ensure that i get an email when someone replies to my thread etc.

Somewhere at the top of the thread you should find "Watch Thread", or "Unwatch Thread". If it's the first option, simply tap it, and make sure you select "and receive email notifications". If you find Unwatch Thread, tap it and unwatch the thread. This will change it to Watch Thread, and you can follow the procedure described at first.
IMG_7594.JPG

If you wish to receive emails every time you posted in a thread, or created a thread, go to your profile and select Preferences. Enable "and receive..."
IMG_7596.JPG

Save changes afterwards.

Tap Edit at the top right:
IMG_7597.JPG

Now mark 1 email only:
IMG_7598.JPG

At the bottom, Move will turn blue. Tap and hold it, while unmarking the email you've marked before:
IMG_7599.JPG

Then lift your finger, so you don't hold Move any more. Now you can move all of the emails to a different folder:
IMG_7600.JPG

Somewhere at the top of the thread you should find "Watch Thread", or "Unwatch Thread". If it's the first option, simply tap it, and make sure you select "and receive email notifications". If you find Unwatch Thread, tap it and unwatch the thread. This will change it to Watch Thread, and you can follow the procedure described at first.
View attachment 29887
If you wish to receive emails every time you posted in a thread, or created a thread, go to your profile and select Preferences. Enable "and receive..."
View attachment 29888
Save changes afterwards.
many thanks - change made will see what happens