What's new

deleting email on Iphone4 only

custfs

Reaction score
Just got an Iphone4. Set up 2 email accounts on the phone. On one account, when I pull up emails on computer, the emails disapear on the Ipone4. The other email account is ok . The problem is, when one of my family wakes up in the morning and pulls up email on computer, I do not get it on the Iphone4. Hope someone can help.

Just got an Iphone4. Set up 2 email accounts on the phone. On one account, when I pull up emails on computer, the emails disapear on the Ipone4. The other email account is ok . The problem is, when one of my family wakes up in the morning and pulls up email on computer, I do not get it on the Iphone4. Hope someone can help.

Does this occur when someone deletes the email via the computer or simply when they check the email and receive new messages? If it's the latter (which it sounds like it is), what's likely happening is that the computer is set to delete the email from the online server as it downloads them. As such, when you go to check for this email on your iPhone, it's no longer available online and thus can't be found. This could happen the other way around too.

What you'll want to do is check under your mail settings on both the computer and iPhone 4 to ensure the "leave a copy on the server" option is checked. If you need help with that, please let me know what email client you are using on the computer.

I'm having the same problem with gmail, I posted something similar a while back and was told to go into settings and under delete from server, check "never" but that's not an option for me. I don't see "never" anywhere in settings or any other option on how long to leave emails on the server.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to save a draft but can't figure out how to do that either. I really need to be able to save drafts! I was told that if you leave "mail" and go to something else it will save a draft (which makes sense), but I also need it to save a draft if I leave the draft and go check another email. Unless I'm doing something wrong, it doesn't seem to do that. If I leave the email I'm typing and go to inbox, when I come back, it's not there.

Thank you very much . It works so far.