What's new

Dave AKA Georeader from Syracuse says Hi.

Georeader

Reaction score
Hi Gang. My name is Dave Moreau. I am a "common person app developer" (One with no programming skills that are relevant for today (Fortran?!), initially no perception on the computer industry, marketing, Venture capital sourcing, Start up funding, and didn't even have a smartphone at the beginning). All I had was an idea that I was able to successfully translate into a pretty cool app. My app called Georeader allows you to hear the text of roadside historical markers as you pass by them along the road.( I'll start a post down at App Announcements and expand on it.). Anyhoo I had one of the first apple II's back in 1980 with a cassette player drive (You would load the program into the computer with a regualr cassette player) and though that with a whopping 16K memory, it doesn't get any better than this..... Though I could never get through the maze on Zork, I loved that thing and am now glad to be part of the Apple community again. If anybody has any questions about developing an app and would like to hear at least what I did, I would be happy to share my insight (for better or worse :)). Dave

Hello and welcome Dave! Sounds like a cool app!
Thank you very much. This project was a labor of love that started about 4 years ago so it feels real good to have finally gotten the first version on the iphone out. I want to use the apps to help out Historical groups. I was asked by the Arizona Preservation Society to speak at their Annual meeting in Prescott about the app and I will be presenting next week. The topic will be "High Tech History". We will be using the app to show to groups to try to get more people involved and learn about what has happen in their towns. It is pretty exciting.