What's new

Data usage ??

bosox20

Reaction score
I downloaded a theme on my sons phone last night. He was only at 40mb on his data plan of 200. He was in wifi but now this morning we get notified he went over the 200??? How can that be in one night ? It had to be the large theme or does jail breaking use more data for some reason??

I had data charges on my phone this month too. I never have before and I jailbroke my iphone a few weeks ago. Is it because of the jailbreak and downloading themes?

If he was on wifi then the data wouldn't have counted towards your plan anyway. Themes can range in size from a few MB to hundreds of MB so it depends on the size of the theme. But again, if you're on a wifi network, that data does not count towards your cellular bandwidth limit. He must have been doing something on the 3G network that caused him to go over.

Thanks but the wifi must have timed out or something because he never got close to his limit in a year. Never.

If you are using wifi to download something and the wifi cuts off, the download gets interrupted. Either he wasn't on a wifi network or he was downloading stuff on the 3G connection and didn't tell you.

Ya gotta be careful when switching from 3G gto wifi...............This has only happened to me a couple times but I would be downloading something when connected to wifi, but when I pulled down Notification Center, And toggled off my 3G/2G The download stopped as if it weren't using the WiFi any way.....................Like I said, has only happened a couple times but make sure data is completely off when connected to WiFi just to be sure.