What's new

Data Plan - Tracking Usage

marshabarton

Reaction score
I have a question that was posed to me and I thought maybe someone here would have the answer.

I have a friend at work who has a PERSONAL iPhone. She has a friend with another company who has a WORK iPhone.

They both recently downloaded the game "Scrabble" and during the day, they will sometimes play back and forth. Not wasting the whole day or anything like that...but just for a break now and then, to clear their minds and for a bit of fun.

Well, the person with the other company was called in because her iPhone bill showed some MMS messages and her administration needed to know why. Turned out they were work related messages containing work related pics. But now my friend and her friend are concerned that somehow, it may show up on the next bill that they have been playing "Scrabble" on their phones.

What I need to know is how data transmissions are charged, etc.? I'm sure it depends upon the particular plan, but my friend doesn't want her number to appear on her friend's bill, and she doesn't want her friend to get into trouble over playing scrabble.

I have a question that was posed to me and I thought maybe someone here would have the answer.

I have a friend at work who has a PERSONAL iPhone. She has a friend with another company who has a WORK iPhone.

They both recently downloaded the game "Scrabble" and during the day, they will sometimes play back and forth. Not wasting the whole day or anything like that...but just for a break now and then, to clear their minds and for a bit of fun.

Well, the person with the other company was called in because her iPhone bill showed some MMS messages and her administration needed to know why. Turned out they were work related messages containing work related pics. But now my friend and her friend are concerned that somehow, it may show up on the next bill that they have been playing "Scrabble" on their phones.

What I need to know is how data transmissions are charged, etc.? I'm sure it depends upon the particular plan, but my friend doesn't want her number to appear on her friend's bill, and she doesn't want her friend to get into trouble over playing scrabble.

no it wont because the games they use bluetooth to connect and last time i checked bluetooth was free :) so she should be ok playing games will be ok, unless she downloaded a pay for game with company itunes account? i think some games charge you small amounts for little extras so as long as she did not buy extras on companies money there really is no way to tell if they have downloaded games or played them