What's new

Dare I remove photo's from phone now they are synced to Google photo's

islandman

Reaction score
When I take a photo using my iphone 5 I also have google photos on my iphone/ipad/windows laptop, and understand the photos in google photos are held in the cloud rather than on the device are when I take a photo, it is synced to go to Google photos. So is there any need for them to be left "on the phone"?. If not, is it possible to remove them all at once?. Ideally I would like to remove one at a time initially just to see for myself that they won't disappear from G. photo's as well, and once satisfied would take them all off the phone.

When you have saved them to Google, you don't need them in the Photos app of your iPhone any more.

For removing one image at a time:
Go to Albums view, open All Photos, and delete one of the images.
Then go to the Recently Deleted album, tap Select and choose Delete All. You'll have to confirm that you wish to delete ... photos. Then they will be removed from your iPhone completely.

If you want to delete all your photos, go to the Photos tab. Tap "Select". For every day, you'll find Select now, at the right. Tap all of them. This will checkmark every image from the days you selected. Now tap the trash icon. You'll have to confirm that you want to remove these photos.
You'll still be able to find these images in the Recently Deleted album. To get rid of them completely, go to that album, tap Select, then Delete all.

Hope that helps.