What's new

Cydia update

topgun80

Reaction score
just screwed my whole phone up. Can't use my pics for lockscreen or home screen anymore and most of my themes just cause a crash now. If you get the message to update "essentials", DON'T DO IT! Anybody know if I can restore from a backup in itunes to get it back to normal and if so how do you do that? Thanks.

topgun80 said:
just screwed my whole phone up. Can't use my pics for lockscreen or home screen anymore and most of my themes just cause a crash now. If you get the message to update "essentials", DON'T DO IT! Anybody know if I can restore from a backup in itunes to get it back to normal and if so how do you do that? Thanks.

To restore just plug the phone up in iTunes and tap restore on the summary page. You're going to have to rejailbreak. Remember If you do this you'll be updated to ios 5. As far as jailbreaking iOS 5 a tethered jailbreak iris the only JB at the moment. Untethered is currently being worked on.

To restore just plug the phone up in iTunes and tap restore on the summary page. You're going to have to rejailbreak. Remember If you do this you'll be updated to ios 5. As far as jailbreaking iOS 5 a tethered jailbreak iris the only JB at the moment. Untethered is currently being worked on.
Don't want to do that. I thought itunes backed up your phone everytime you connect. I assumed I could just go back to one of those backups before everything got screwed up.

topgun80 said:
Don't want to do that. I thought itunes backed up your phone everytime you connect. I assumed I could just go back to one of those backups before everything got screwed up.

Can't do that. . iTunes will not Backup anything that has to do with jailbreaking. So if you're phone is tripping you have to restore.

I guess I'll just have to live without my personal wallpapers then, I definitely do not want to upgrade.