What's new

Cydia is gone!!

Girty

Reaction score
I was deleting some ring tones that I downloaded from cydia and I deleted cydia somehow. How do I restore cydia ?? I tried to rejailbreak (I'm using greenpoison) and it's still jailbroken

Girty said:
I was deleting some ring tones that I downloaded from cydia and I deleted cydia somehow. How do I restore cydia ?? I tried to rejailbreak (I'm using greenpoison) and it's still jailbroken

You probably hid it. Do you have sbsettings installed? If so check in more>hide icons

I'm a newbie with jailbreak(sorry) I dint think I installed that . Any more ideals? I thought about restoring and have been doing sone reading on that. I have tinyumbrealla and my software is at 4.2.6 I want to keep it there but gun shy about restoring ! I don't want to lock the phone where I can't jailbreak someone please help

Weird, i didnt think you could delete Cydia but you may have to do a restore and re-jail break it.

Ok i need some help with the restore i am at 4.2.6 verizon im using the latest tinyumbrealla. but the SHSH is somethng total diffrent then what my software is. I don't want to update my phone with new version i think its 4.8.10 are something like that. i want to keep it jailbroke! and another question i paid for mywi 4.0 and its gone also when i deleted cydia but there is a cydia app still on my phone its called unlimvideos. so i know that it has to be on my phone still. please help me.

You will have to download an old version of tinyUmbrella in order to save your current iOS version shsh. Go to tinyUmbrella website and you will see all the available tversion of tinyUmbrella there, download the one which was release when your iOS was release. Now I'm not sure if you will be able to factory restore (which will force you to upgrade to the most recent iOS version which is 4.2.10) and then downgrade back to 4.2.6. I wouldn't advice you to do anything involving restore. Unless you are not afraid of being on the stock iOS 4.2.10 in case you are not able to downgrade.

when i re-jailbreak it, it does nothing and my apps are still there (unlimvido) i have tried twice and no downloader for cydia.

Last edited:
when i re-jailbreak it, it does nothing and my apps are still there (unlimvido) i have tried twice and no downloader for cydia.

Yeah and I notice that many people here advising others to do what they don't know or what they've never did before. Luckily for you, you aren't going in damage your iPhone by overwriting your jailbreak. One of my friend did that with his iPhone and it got stuck on the recovery screen, even apple couldn't get it to work back, they end up changing it into a new iPhone for him because it was under warranty and Apple couldn't see into the iOS if it was jailbreak or not.
The simple way to do it is to factory restore and then jailbreak again. Messing messing up with jailbreak can actually break your hardware.

So is there a jailbreak for the new firmware 4.2.10? I like my iphone but love that i can jailbreak it even better!Once again i am new to this but enjoy the fact that when its jailbroke i can customize my phone to my liking.. and one more qestion about mywi 4, can the service provider see that its being used? thanks for the help in this forum this is a great site!!

So is there a jailbreak for the new firmware 4.2.10? I like my iphone but love that i can jailbreak it even better!Once again i am new to this but enjoy the fact that when its jailbroke i can customize my phone to my liking.. and one more qestion about mywi 4, can the service provider see that its being used? thanks for the help in this forum this is a great site!!

You can use any tool like RedSnow or snowbreeze to tether jailbreak your iOS. As for MyWi I'm not sure if your carrier will notice it or not that you are using MyWi, but your carrier will notice that you are using large amount of data.

Any news on new iOS 4.2.10 jailbreak???

Ok let me get this right before I do anything! There IS jailbreak for the latest iPhone4 Verizon 4.2.10 ???? I'm going to do a restore in iTunes and update to 4.2.10. And then jailbreak. Does that sound correct??