What's new

Contacts Gone!

GUCCISMAMI

Reaction score
I just synced my laptop to iTunes and ran it like I normally do but this time I go to find a # in my contacts and they're all gone!! All the #'s in my texts/recent calls are all blank w/no names...just the #'s. The only thing in my contacts is the app I DL...PkgBackup, but when I click on it...it does nothing. Please help guys, I need my contacts for work/school.

I'm resyncing it now since the app says it'll keep a backup copy on my computer...but I dont see it anywhere. :(

PkgBackup is for restoring Cydia apps not your contacts. In order to restore your contacts you need to restore your device from a previous backup with iTunes.

Oh wow!! I didn't know that. So when I restore my device will I still be able to get my backup Cydia apps back?

Pkgbackup will only backup cydia apps and tweaks as Jmills say. It's your best friend for cydia apps!

It still says "no contacts" even after I've synced & backedup a few times. *sigh* this is a sad sad day.

Omg ur giving me "hope again"!! :)) Im about to try that & try to find the file on my computer that contains the contacts

Right-Click your phone in the left-pane and select "restore from backup" a list should pop up with all the backup files you have in a dropdown menu, just select a backup from a date where you had your contacts.

It worked!!!! (jumping up & down!!!) whew!!! Thank you soooo much!! I soooo don't wanna experience that again.

Oh gosh this phone has me on a crazy emotional roller coaster!! Last night it was all perfect...I wake up today, go to look up my professors email &...contacts gone again. Smh.

$image-1093650797.jpg

$image-2865147997.jpg

This is how my contacts look when I open it. I never even touched it again after they all came back.

Uncheck the sync contacts box in iTunes. If you are syncing contacts with your computer and there are no contacts on your computer it will erase your contacts every time you sync.