What's new

Confused.com about iphone4 / 3 / unlocked

chickoo75

Reaction score
All, what a great forum and very useful info.

Here is what I have: Iphone4, 4.3.2, 04.10.01

Its less than 2 weeks old (good deal by 3), as I am off to US for 10 days I got it unlocked by 3 by paying £15 (since 4.3.2 didn't have unlock up to few weeks back).

Now that devteam confirms that there is one, how do I go about it? Shall I go ahead and JB using Pwnage 4.3.2 and then Unlock using ultrasn0w?

Is there any concern that I have got it unlocked from my carrier?

I have two days before I go so any help would rock.

Cheers

How comes and your baseband is locked? 04.10.01 suppose to be factory unlock i think, well up to now ultrasnow does not unlock that baseband if i'm not mistaking, and i do not know what unlock software used to unlock your baseband. I'm having the same baseband as u do and mine is factory unlock. Find out what can unlock your baseband before upgrade and jailbreak otherwise your phone will be good as an ipod. I know some are talking about gevey sim can unlock that baseband 04.10.01 but is that reliable? Read about it. And how comes that baseband can be locked? I'm still wondering the mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How comes and your baseband is locked? 04.10.01 suppose to be factory unlock i think, well up to now ultrasnow does not unlock that baseband if i'm not mistaking, and i do not know what unlock software used to unlock your baseband. I'm having the same baseband as u do and mine is factory unlock. Find out what can unlock your baseband before upgrade and jailbreak otherwise your phone will be good as an ipod. I know some are talking about gevey sim can unlock that baseband 04.10.01 but is that reliable? Read about it. And how comes that baseband can be locked? I'm still wondering the mess.

Errr, so when u say it's factory unlock you mean there was no need for it to be unlocked by 3 (wasted £15!!!). This adds to already some confusion I had.

if you already paid 3 to unlock it for you then you wont need to use unlock tools to unlock another firmware?

Agree. But is it safe to now jailbreak as I want to JB anyways. I am concerned about this only.

jailbreaking is fine.. just use redsn0w and you will be fine, make sure you always have a recent backup though

jailbreaking is fine.. just use redsn0w and you will be fine, make sure you always have a recent backup though

I was planning to use pwnage 4.3.2 as I have used it few times before. or should I use redsn0w?

Agree. But is it safe to now jailbreak as I want to JB anyways. I am concerned about this only.

At this point, i cant tell for sure if your baseband is factory unlock or not, you said that you've used 3 to unlock it so... But i would take the bite to upgrade if i were u to find out how it goes, still i had to make really very very sure that my present firmware shsh have been saved well and that i will be able to downgrade back incase the upgrade give me troubles.

I was planning to use pwnage 4.3.2 as I have used it few times before. or should I use redsn0w?

makes no difference really.. pwage tool is good if you want to preserve baseband but really i tend to just upgrade in itunes then jb but it saves you having to update then jb when you use the custom fw.. so its all down to preference really what will work better for you :)

So far as there is no specific unlock for your baseband, it doesn't matter what tool you use to jailbreak, if you are use to pwnage then go ahead with that.

ok I am going to try redsn0w for a change. I do get the annoying itunes error (gs.apple ones). Hope it doesn't get stuck again. :)

ok I am going to try redsn0w for a change. I do get the annoying itunes error (gs.apple ones). Hope it doesn't get stuck again. :)

Good luck, and let's know how it goes.

there is no unlock no but 3 have unlocked it so he does not need to worry about unlock any more

ok, just did it with Pwnage. All seems to be working fine. Apparently (maybe I want to believe it) it's a bit faster in response times. :)

Great... Now you are good to go.