What's new

computer crashed

debs01

Reaction score
Seems like this should be a general question. Maybe I just don't know how to search.

My pc has crashed. I have a new pc and need to make that the back-up for both my iPhone and iPad. I've found directions before and they sound scary.

I tried backing up to iCloud. It was talking so long that I felt something was going wrong so I canceled.

Would someone please direct me to directions for changing computers, when I can't connect back to the old one? Will I really have to delete everything?

Thanks

Debbie

Open up iTunes, log in with your AppleID, and use the "Authorize this PC" feature in the Store menu. If for some reason your iTunes says that you HAVE to restore your iPhone and/or iPad before you can use it with this computer, then you'll have to manually rip everything off of your iPhone and/or iPad using a problem like iExplorer. You'll have to extract all your music, videos, photos, contacts, SMS, notes, etc etc off of your device, restore your device on this new computer, and drag and drop everything back onto your iPhone on the sidebar of iTunes and it'll sync back. It sounds complicated and tedious to some users, but it's basically just dragging and dropping onto your computer, then dragging and dropping it back onto your iPhone.