What's new

China Has Fake Apple Stores as Well as Fake Apple Devices!

i wonder if apple will do anything about it

Nothing Apple can do about it. It's almost legal to fake things here, clothes, shoes, expensive watches, phones, iPhones, new release movies and songs, EVERYTHING. Only the buyer have to be careful.

Nothing Apple can do about it. It's almost legal to fake things here, clothes, shoes, expensive watches, phones, iPhones, new release movies and songs, EVERYTHING. Only the buyer have to be careful.

They still shouldn't be allowed to copy the apple name or logo. They are trademarks. I'm sure apple will have a lot to say about this. Look at the patent episode with HTC...

They still shouldn't be allowed to copy the apple name or logo. They are trademarks. I'm sure apple will have a lot to say about this. Look at the patent episode with HTC...

Nothing to say I'm telling you, no one go against how thing turning here, if you don't like take your factory or your store and go home. Let me tell you a story "Sorry that I'm going a bit out of topic:) here"
( The Italian fashion house Ferragamo or Emporio, i don't remember which one was it, it was happening in 2007, anyway, found out the he was loosing the market here and in Asia due to pirating of all of his designs, in fact the faked products was much more popular and easy to sell because it was extremely equaling the original ones and best of it, the price was way price down by half compare to the original ones. The Italian fashion house staff decided to pay a visit to one of those popular markets here where Ferragamo, Emporior, Armani and so on well faked stuff was based, I don't know details about what kind of lawyers and so on they came with but anyway once the arrive to one of those fake stores, they where impressed by everything te saw, the quality of the clothes, shoes, bags, etc... The police was invited but found out that those stores was registrated and clear very well and on time all taxes and so on, no one could touch those stores anyway. What the Italian fashion house end up doing was asking the owners of those shops to work for them. They faker stuff makers end up becoming big boss of the original stores of either Ferragamo or Emporior, or Armani. That story was popular those time amount foreigners and fake stuff markets.) that's why I'm saying that I don't see Apple capable of doing a thing about those facts here. Instead, they have to deal and respect it or get out of the country just like GOOGLE.

gaz6076 said:

I agree with bab. Although it's not right apple cannot do anything about it. Taking the Chinese bootleggers to court will never happen. You really have to watch what you buy. It's like buying clothes in new York city you have to be careful.

Last edited:
Bab obviously knows a lot more about this than me due to being from that area. A fake apple store would never get off the ground here in the UK....

Bab obviously knows a lot more about this than me due to being from that area. A fake apple store would never get off the ground here in the UK....

:) I believe what going on here can't happen in UK

It's just China but wherever locale they're in - US, UK, even South Africa. Just easier to get away with in China so long as it's anything remotely "democracy" related. No law or the threat or lawsuits will ever be effective so long as the culture condones and encourages it. No such thing as intellectual property or trademarks, just another way to make a quick buck off of someone else's hard work. So long as there are Walmart/ 99 Cent Store people, including myself most days, that are willing to sacrifice quality in the name of bargain basement pricing, it will continue for many years to come. Unfortunate, but the plain and simple truth.

iCrank said:
I agree with bab. Although it's not right apple cannot do anything about it. Taking the Chinese bootleggers to court will never happen. You really have to watch what you buy. It's like buying clothes in new York city you have to be careful.

There is an article on appleinsider about the Chinese government stepping in to investigate these fake stores

Source:
http://iphone.appleinsider.com/arti..._fake_apple_stores_as_customers_complain.html

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It seems that they are selling genuine apple products. I wonder if Apple is happy about it or not. At the end of the day, Apple does need to spend any money for building and keeping the shop and still their products are being sold

darkstar2007 said:
No but the Chinese gov. did.

Two fake Apple retail stores in the city of Kunming, China, have been ordered to close because they do not have official business permits. Source appleinsider

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

How do you police 1.5 Billion people?