What's new

Changing Phones?

beliveauj

Reaction score
My wife and i a month ago signed a contract for two iphones.I really like my old android (Droid)better.The question is can i transfer from the iphone to the Droid and then sell the iphone?Or am i locked into the iphone untill the end of contract?Thanks Jim (please don't hate me for not liking it)

You can activate your Droid without any issues. You can sell the iPhone if you want, all you have to do is keep a data phone until the end of your contract.

And no worries about liking Android better, there are plenty of reasons to feel that way. Just do me a favor. When you go back to Android please don't bash iPhone people. Apple Fanboys are the absolute worst. You tried it, it didn't work for you. No problem.

Hook thanks for the info.My wife loves her iphone so much better then her android so don't dare say anything.

You can do the upgrade for the iPhone, transfer the number back to your Droid and sell the iPhone. My brother did that with his 4S since he loved his old Samsung more.

My wife and i a month ago signed a contract for two iphones.I really like my old android (Droid)better.The question is can i transfer from the iphone to the Droid and then sell the iphone?Or am i locked into the iphone untill the end of contract?Thanks Jim (please don't hate me for not liking it)

As you have already read, you can do what you want with no issues. If you want to avoid dealing with any humans, you can do everything you want thru VZW's website.

If you already don't have your account setup thru www.vzw.com then set one you. Then you can log in and do the following:

Place mouse over "My Verizon" menu.
Click on "Activate or Switch Device" submenu.
Click on the Device you want to switch out.
Click Next.
IF you need to read about backups you can otherwise Click Next.
Click on "Activate Device".
Then type in the MEID of the Android phone you want to bring back online.
Wait for the website to say it is done.
Dial *228 and press 1 (IF it is a NON-LTE Phone) otherwise follow what ever directions they are giving out today ;)

Skull One said:
As you have already read, you can do what you want with no issues. If you want to avoid dealing with any humans, you can do everything you want thru VZW's website.

If you already don't have your account setup thru www.vzw.com then set one you. Then you can log in and do the following:

Place mouse over "My Verizon" menu.
Click on "Activate or Switch Device" submenu.
Click on the Device you want to switch out.
Click Next.
IF you need to read about backups you can otherwise Click Next.
Click on "Activate Device".
Then type in the MEID of the Android phone you want to bring back online.
Wait for the website to say it is done.
Dial *228 and press 1 (IF it is a NON-LTE Phone) otherwise follow what ever directions they are giving out today ;)

I wish I could do that. I've had nothing but problems doing it online. I've always had to call. Luckily, I have has nothing but good experiences when I do.

I wish I could do that. I've had nothing but problems doing it online. I've always had to call. Luckily, I have has nothing but good experiences when I do.

Sorry to hear that. I upgraded my daughters iPhone 4 to my old iPhone 4S today in less then 2 minutes this afternoon. But I do agree, if you have to call the CSRs they are top notch.

Skull One said:
Sorry to hear that. I upgraded my daughters iPhone 4 to my old iPhone 4S today in less then 2 minutes this afternoon. But I do agree, if you have to call the CSRs they are top notch.

Soon enough I will be playing musical phones on the account again. I'm sure it was due to the iPhone 5 launch. That is when I tried last.