What's new

Change Calendar Sound and add ringtones to text

robrlp

Reaction score
Hi All was just wondering if there is a way to add sounds to text messages and change calender sound?

I guess yes, but not without jailbreaking the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya thats what i thought but i dont want to do that

Jailbreak and install Winterboard (free) from Cydia. There really is no downside to jailbreaking you phone. If you really don't want to, you'll have to live with the handful of ringtones Apple gives you.

Jailbreak and install Winterboard (free) from Cydia. There really is no downside to jailbreaking you phone. If you really don't want to, you'll have to live with the handful of ringtones Apple gives you.

+1

jailbreaking is your on option if you want custom tones/alerts

Hi Guys, thanks for all the info but i'm new to iphone from a droid and i don't know how to do that. Is there a video or instructions on how to do that

Hi Guys, thanks for all the info but i'm new to iphone from a droid and i don't know how to do that. Is there a video or instructions on how to do that

the jailbreaking process is particular to what version OS you are on, go into your phone settings then general then about, look for version then youtube untethered jailbreak for iphone and put your version and you will see tutorials

It's very easy and there are videos everywhere giving step by step instructions. Its almost impossible to mess it up, however, you would want to restore your iphone to its shipped state through itunes if you ever need to bring it in for service.

The download is located at GreenPois0n

and

a video is located here [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ztkB8Tj0vo]YouTube - How to Jailbreak 4.2.1 iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad + Verizon iPhone! (Untethered)[/ame]