What's new

Cannot delete apps after iOS restore

JHT

Reaction score
I did a restore today via iTunes so that I can jailbreak when the iOS 6.1.0 jailbreak is released. Now I am unable to delete any apps as the little 'x' does not appear!
Have done a reset but it does not make any difference. Any suggestions?

I'm glad you solved your problem an sped thanks for posting your solution it may help someone else with the same problem.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

JHT said:
I did a restore today via iTunes so that I can jailbreak when the iOS 6.1.0 jailbreak is released. Now I am unable to delete any apps as the little 'x' does not appear!
Have done a reset but it does not make any difference. Any suggestions?

I had this problem and list APP store, I reset all my settings which cured it. Data is safe but you need to re input any WiFi keys

What I had done, a while back ( and forgotten about it) is alter my settings so that if my phone was lost or stolen the find my iphone app could not be deleted. So had to go back into them and change it back. Good to know this works!

FYI: They can still go into your settings and turn off location services!!! Doing that would disable your "Find My Iphone" app. Apple really needs to fix that. What's the point of a security feature without a password lock? Genius apple smh...

bikela said:
FYI: They can still go into your settings and turn off location services!!! Doing that would disable your "Find My Iphone" app. Apple really needs to fix that. What's the point of a security feature without a password lock? Genius apple smh...

They can't turn off location services if you set the restrictions password. That way you can prevent apps from being deleted.There's nothing to fix because nothing's broken.

Didn't know u could disable the location services menu. Nice! Thanks 8)