What's new

Can you get bumped from your unlimited data plan?

rwba

Reaction score
I recently jailbroke my iphone and installed mywi. It's a great app that I use with my laptop. I have unlimited data plan, but I've notice I've already used over 880 mb so far. Will ATT notice the change in my data usage and bump me from my unlimited plan?

I use mywi all the time with my unlimited data plan and have for a long time and theyve never said anything.

880 mb??? i have the "unlimited plan" as well and i've gone over the 5GB limit before with no issues (mainly using MyWi)

i think if you consistently go over the limit, on the unlimited plan (weird i know), then you might have problems

No, unless you said so. Although I am not sure what happens if your do an upgrade b/c then you would have to sign a new contract and the new contract don't have the option of the unlimited plan, sooo You would have to call em.

If you used over 5gb per month.. Someone might give you a call. Its kinda like buying a phone on AT&T and always using it in an area that has no AT&T towers.. Therefore costing AT&T more than your paying them. It seems unfair but they do have the option to cancel your service if they want. Even tho this actually happening is extremely rare.

It's in your contract. Misuse or abuse of the network ect. Like I said rarely happens but it is "possible".

really, they can cancel your service???

I know seems unfair ,but like Dannyboy said it's true. I just recently have ran into my own issues after being a customer of almost ten years. In the contract it states that they can change,terms,conditions , or plans. And all they have to do is notify you. Basically the contract you sign binds you and not them. They have the option to change things and not you. I would be more cautious using 880 mb. :(

To the OP and maybe a silly question but does this app run over the network or wi-fi?

you will be fine, they won't bump you. when I first got my iphone i used over 2GB in the first few weeks and they didnt say anything. I have the unlimited data plan.

you will be fine, they won't bump you. when I first got my iphone i used over 2GB in the first few weeks and they didnt say anything. I have the unlimited data plan.

Unlimited soft cap is 5GB... So, I wouldn't worry about getting a call from AT&T unless you used some 10GB several months in a row....