What's new

Can I turn off my MIC??

superfish

Reaction score
I have a 6s and a set of BELTONE hearing aids. It's a pretty neat system. They connect to an APP so that when my phone rings the audio goes to the hearing aids (HA). Also if I play music from anywhere it goes to the HA. The problem is that when I'm listening to music,or anything else, the iPhone MIC is turned on. This creates lots of noise in my ears.

I'M not having any luck with BELTONE at this time. I'm looking for an APP or a setting that would turn off the MIC. This is not a show stopper, the HAs are great, but it is an annoyance.

bob

I have a 6s and a set of BELTONE hearing aids. It's a pretty neat system. They connect to an APP so that when my phone rings the audio goes to the hearing aids (HA). Also if I play music from anywhere it goes to the HA. The problem is that when I'm listening to music,or anything else, the iPhone MIC is turned on. This creates lots of noise in my ears.

I'M not having any luck with BELTONE at this time. I'm looking for an APP or a setting that would turn off the MIC. This is not a show stopper, the HAs are great, but it is an annoyance.

bob
One of the site's administrators had, in the past, posted information about his use of hearing aides with the iPhone. Perhaps you can DM him if he doesn't see this post. He may have the best info for you. His name is Col. bris

You may be able to look under settings/privacy/microphone, and see if the app you are using asks for permission to use the microphone. If it does then you might be able to turn the mic off. I see an app called Beltone SmartRemote. This appears to have microphone adjustments. Possibly may be able to turn it off through that app or even the other Beltone app. If either asks to use your mic, don't let it. Then you won't have the mic issue. And yes you can turn it on and off through settings. Where I showed above. Here are a couple screenshots. This may help. May not.
I did download the one Beltone app called Beltone SmartRemote, and it allows you to mute your microphone. And also look in the settings area as well. Hope you get it working correctly. Look at the photos and see the places I went to look for apps that have asked for permission to access the microphone. Again. Hope some of this helps and that you get it resolved.
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG

Thank you for your suggestions. Talked to the Beltone rep this morning.

I will, but... she only gave me a way to possibly contact IT Tech Support. I'll post back if I find anything.
bob