What's new

Can I Keep my Apps ONLY on my iPhone?

perezr10

Reaction score
I really hate how sync'ing my new apps or app updates prolongs the sync process back to my computer. Especially for big apps like Garageband. Ugh!

Is it possible to stop the "automatic transfer of purchases" from my phone back to my PC? I've unchecked the "Sync Apps" box but that doesn't stop the transfer of new apps.

Anyone know if this is possible?

On your phone: Settings>Store>Automatic downloads>Off

On iTunes: Edit>Preferences>Store> Uncheck automatic downloads

Thanks. That was the first thing I tried but it didn't work. I think maybe I need to report a bug to Apple on their Windows 7 iTunes version.

Thanks. That was the first thing I tried but it didn't work. I think maybe I need to report a bug to Apple on their Windows 7 iTunes version.

In iTunes click:
Edit
Preferences
Devices
Tick the box beside "Prevent iPhone, iPods, and iPads from syncing automatically" near the bottom of the box

Make sure to click the OK button for changes to be saved.

In iTunes click:
Edit
Preferences
Devices
Tick the box beside "Prevent iPhone, iPods, and iPads from syncing automatically" near the bottom of the box

Make sure to click the OK button for changes to be saved.

Thanks, that stop everything from synchronizing. However, I still want to sync my music, just not the apps.

perezr10 said:
Thanks, that stop everything from synchronizing. However, I still want to sync my music, just not the apps.

You can still sync just as you normally would. All that setting does is disable it from happening as soon as you've plugged in the phone with iTunes open.

It does not disable syncing it just prevents it from happening automatically. That is it.