What's new

Can anyone help me on this 3G issue of iPhone 4

Jackycheungli

Reaction score
Dear Experts,

I bought my iPhone 4 in hongkong last year, and I havent try 3G function until last week, I got in kuala lumpur and purchase a sim card from maxis, I put it in my iPhone and 3G mark showing on the screen, however, I couldn't get any access through 3G, I tried to ask help from maxis shop, technician tried several ways with different sim cards and different devices, like iphone 4S from that technician and my ipad as well, we found it is my iPhone4 problem, so here comes my questions:
1. How do I identify this is the iPhone problem? Is there any software or self diagnosis program? Can it be a hardware problem?
2. If it is the hardware damage, Is there any way to fix it? any suggest third party apple store in KL?

Your comments and suggestions are more than welcome, and i deeply appreciate it.

If a sim from another carrier, or just any 3G sim works, then the problem is with the sim you bought first. If none work, then your iPhone is screwing up. Then you need to reset everything on your phone(settings, general, about, reset, reset everything). If, after resetting everything, the phone doesn't work with that one sim, then you have a hardware problem, which you need to take to an apple store genius bar and get fixed. If it does work, then there was a software glitch that you fixed.

darweshs said:
If a sim from another carrier, or just any 3G sim works, then the problem is with the sim you bought first. If none work, then your iPhone is screwing up. Then you need to reset everything on your phone(settings, general, about, reset, reset everything). If, after resetting everything, the phone doesn't work with that one sim, then you have a hardware problem, which you need to take to an apple store genius bar and get fixed. If it does work, then there was a software glitch that you fixed.

Mate, Thanks for your quick reply, in fact I did reset my iPhone, so it's more likely a hardware problem, let me find a apple store then, thanks!