What's new

Camera not working on 7 plus. Flashlight does not work either.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

As we don't know exactly what you've already tried, a few things to do:

Restart your iPhone: turn it off and on again.
Force start it: press and hold Power and Volume Down button until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.
Make sure your software is up to date. iOS 10.3.2 is the latest software for your device.
Use iTunes to restore it. Make a backup be fore doing this.
Erase it and set it up as new.

Otherwise take it to the next Apple Retail Store, and let them have a look at it.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

As we don't know exactly what you've already tried, a few things to do:

Restart your iPhone: turn it off and on again.
Force start it: press and hold Power and Volume Down button until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.
Make sure your software is up to date. iOS 10.3.2 is the latest software for your device.
Use iTunes to restore it. Make a backup be fore doing this.
Erase it and set it up as new.

Otherwise take it to the next Apple Retail Store, and let them have a look at it.

Hope that helps.

Found out this has been happening to iPhones 7s. The flash goes out, have to exchange the phone at Apple which was very easy.

If it's still under warranty, take that thing in and get it looked at and fixed man. I know I darn sure would at the price I paid for the one I have. 7+, 128gb product red one.
Spent way too much to let it have issues. Get an appointment like others are saying and get the phone looked at asap!! JMHO's. Hope you get it resolved and good day.

Anyone heard of this happening to the iPhone 7 ???

Keep us posted please

I heard the 7 was having the issue also. How many GB do u have? It seems like it's happening to phones with higher GB.

I know mine won't work if there's no internet. Doesn't make any sense to me, but I have a few apps that won't work if there is no internet, and the flashlight is one of them. I know this because we some really bad wifi at work, and if I'm too far from router and try to use my flashlight, it won't work until I turn off wifi and use LTE, then it'll work fine. If I'm close to the router and on wifi, it'll work, slowly though. Takes awhile to turn on. Our wifi is HORRIBLE though. Well, all our internet is here at work, but the wifi is even worse.

I've never had an issue with the camera not working though.

I know mine won't work if there's no internet. Doesn't make any sense to me, but I have a few apps that won't work if there is no internet, and the flashlight is one of them. I know this because we some really bad wifi at work, and if I'm too far from router and try to use my flashlight, it won't work until I turn off wifi and use LTE, then it'll work fine. If I'm close to the router and on wifi, it'll work, slowly though. Takes awhile to turn on. Our wifi is HORRIBLE though. Well, all our internet is here at work, but the wifi is even worse.

I've never had an issue with the camera not working though.
Have you thought of having a diagnostic run on your iPhone? The flashlight should be working whether or not you have an internet connection. If there’s a hardware fault, you’d want to get it fixed before the warranty expires.

Have you thought of having a diagnostic run on your iPhone? The flashlight should be working whether or not you have an internet connection. If there’s a hardware fault, you’d want to get it fixed before the warranty expires.

No, haven't had it checked. My iPhone 6+ was same way though. I don't know why.

If you have camera problem so i think it will repair under warranty you can try once...

I heard the 7 was having the issue also. How many GB do u have? It seems like it's happening to phones with higher GB.

Yes, 256 GB. Had zero problem getting a new , not refurbished one. Now just waiting patiently for the 10X. ;)

Internet is not the issue, it was a default in the phone. :(