What's new

Calling all Golfers This is so cool!!!

Col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was asked at my store about this newGolf gadget last week so I decided to share it with you. This new gadget is rather cool however I think you need to know how to play golf which leaves me out of the loop lol My handicap is so low I am not even a blimp on the horizon but regardless it caught my eye.

This is a golfers dream device....called iPING. iPING needs an adapter for your Ping putter and software(iping) for the iphone or ipod(see link) plus an iphone or ipod touch ....maybe an iPad if you have one in the cart.

Developed by PING's engineers for all skill levels, the iPING putter app calculates and tracks your Putting Handicap™ (PHcp) to help improve your consistency, the key to holing more putts. All you need is the PING cradle and an iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or iPod Touch (4th Gen) - the App is FREE. Cradles are available at authorized PING retailers

The iPING putter app is wireless, so you can use it anywhere. Practice and improve at your favorite golf course, at home, or on the road. Every session provides immediate results - leading to more consistency in your stroke.

iPING's motion sensing technology:

- Analyzes your impact angle to improve putting mechanics

- Classifies your stroke rotation to match you with the PING putter model that makes you most consistent

- Measures the tempo of your stroke to improve control

- Compares your Consistency Scores with Tour pros and friends

PLEASE NOTE:

** This app requires the use of a physical device (the exclusive PING cradle) to attach your iPhone 4 or iPod touch (4th Gen) to your putter shaft. Cradles are sized for each device.
Apple store link is App Store - iPING