What's new

Caller ID

hh6641

Reaction score
Is there a function in the IPhone 5 that will allow the announced name or number of an incoming text or phone call?

If you go to Settings>Phone>Show My Caller ID, you can turn the feature on or off. If you turn it on, your caller ID will be displayed on every phone you call, if they have the ability to display caller ID. Whether or not other numbers calling you display the caller ID depends on whether or not the person calling you has enabled the feature. If they haven't, there's nothing you can do at your end to display their caller ID.

If the number calling you is in your contacts list and you've assigned a name to that contact, that name will be displayed in the notification of an incoming phone call or text message.

If you go to Settings>Phone>Show My Caller ID, you can turn the feature on or off. If you turn it on, your caller ID will be displayed on every phone you call, if they have the ability to display caller ID. Whether or not other numbers calling you display the caller ID depends on whether or not the person calling you has enabled the feature. If they haven't, there's nothing you can do at your end to display their caller ID.
That is for my caller ID to be displayed on someone else's phone. I understand that. I am asking if my IPhone 5 has the capability to have someone else's Caller ID orally spoken on my phone?

That is for my caller ID to be displayed on someone else's phone. I understand that. I am asking if my IPhone 5 has the capability to have someone else's Caller ID orally spoken on my phone?
Like I said in my post, if the person calling you has caller ID turned on on their phone, it will be displayed on your phone when they call.

If you want an audible announcement, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>VoiceOver and turn it on, the caller ID of the incoming call should be announced audibly.

Last edited: