What's new

Call history log app??

o11coby

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum because I just got my first iphone. 5. So, with my last phone, (it was only $29.99) I was able to go back on my call list for MONTHS. I mean literally hundreds of calls. I was even able to search them by the type of call, missed, received, dialed etc... I know it is a radical concept, but now with my $550 IPHONE!!!!!! I can go back only a week or so. ARE YOU $hitting me?!?!

My google searches indicate that there is some process of searching hidden files and going through top secret menus etc etc while I'm standing on one foot and blinking an eye, but I'd like to just look at my history list LIKE I DID WITH MY CHEAP PHONE! Since Apple didn't make an easy way (with all of their infinite knowledge) is there an app that would do this? I couldn't find one. Thanks

Hi all. New to the forum because I just got my first iphone. 5. So, with my last phone, (it was only $29.99) I was able to go back on my call list for MONTHS. I mean literally hundreds of calls. I was even able to search them by the type of call, missed, received, dialed etc... I know it is a radical concept, but now with my $550 IPHONE!!!!!! I can go back only a week or so. ARE YOU $hitting me?!?!

My google searches indicate that there is some process of searching hidden files and going through top secret menus etc etc while I'm standing on one foot and blinking an eye, but I'd like to just look at my history list LIKE I DID WITH MY CHEAP PHONE! Since Apple didn't make an easy way (with all of their infinite knowledge) is there an app that would do this? I couldn't find one. Thanks

My recents list goes back to the day I got my phone in Sept 2012. The only calls no longer displayed are ones I cleared from the list. I only clear the record individually because I save some for "sentimental" reasons and one is the limo service I used last year in Las Vegas. Figured I would find it easily there. When you are in the phone "app" look at the bottom of the phone. It should say Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad, Voicemail. Click on Recents. That is where the list is. You can clear the whole thing or just individually.

hmm. I've had my phone since September and when I go to my "recent", my list goes back to exactly seven days ago. I've never deleted a single call but anything over seven days ago is gone. I would sure like to know how you did it! I wonder if there is something in the settings, although while doing a google search for the app, I found that there were a lot of folks with the same complaint as mine.

Not to make you feel bad, but I've had my 5s exactly two months and the recents history goes back to the day I had it activated. I'm not aware of a setting which would limit this. I didn't set anything regarding the recents list. Is it possible that someone else could have deleted your recents about a week ago?

Mine only goes back ten days. If you guys find a setting for it I'd love to hear about it as well. I know I haven't cleared mine!

The call history on my 5S goes back 6 months, 5 months before I got my 5S and was still using my 5.

How many calls are on your list Dave? I think it only holds a limited number of calls. Same for u bear....since u are clearing them u may just be keeping the old ones on there because u still have less than say 100 calls.

Yep! My phone holds 100 calls. Between missed calls, calls out, calls in I have a list of 100 in the last 13 days

Last edited:
I delete most calls in my "recents". If it's a very important number I'll need, I add it to my contacts.

How many calls are on your list Dave? I think it only holds a limited number of calls. Same for u bear....since u are clearing them u may just be keeping the old ones on there because u still have less than say 100 calls.

I don't get that many calls that aren't repeats. So if a friend calls more than once, it shows it on one "line". So without counting, 100 could be what's there. Which is more than enough for me.but that is also with me deleting the one I find superfluous.

I agree that for the most part it's enough. But, it does prove the point of the OP that there is a limit, which I have read is 100. (when I counted, I included repeat calls). So, the OP's issue is valid, but doesn't appear that Apple will change it.

Sorry xrayeyes - I somehow missed your question to me. I just counted mine and I'm at 79 callers. If I count the multiples there are 110, but there are 79 separate entries/lines. It looks like that's the answer. It's not based on time, but on the number of entries on separate lines. Good job!

Last edited: