What's new

Bump app

smckinniss27

Reaction score
So a buddy and myself were messing around with the bump app and it says you can "bump" music files. Everything transfers fine, but when you go to play what was transferred, the app suddenly closed down. Any ideas why this would be happening or has anyone else tried this before? I have a feeling it will work with other phones, but not with the iphone.

Hi,

It is properly just a problem with the application itself. See if there is an update for BUMP at the App store, if not then go to the BUMP page in the App store and report a problem to get it fixed.

Hope this helps :)

Bump works with transferring music as I'm sure you're aware of. What it does do though; you have to purchase the song through iTunes, you cannot just send music, apps freely. Because as it reads you may have bypassed this somehow it has no shut down so you are now unable to transfer music. I suggest you delete the app and set it up as a new account. Personally I think bump is rubbish and not many use it now iMessage has become available.
200 views? Where's this information? And response issues, maybe nobodies that bothered or do not own bump!

iHolophyte

Thanks for the responses guys. D3LL, I'll have to check into that on the app itself. iHolophyte: This is not true, I have sent apps, pictures, and contacts many times using this app. This was the first time I tried to use music. I can understand if it if the song was purchased through iTunes and it is copyrighted (or w/e) and cannot be transferred, but what about just a normal music file that was not purchased through iTunes? As far as the views go, at the top of the page where is says Active Topics, click that, it'll go into a normal forum view of a grid and it shows how many views and how many replies the thread has. I didn't mean for that to come off that you may think it sounded, I was just curious that no one had run into this before. I guess not many people like/use this app. I think it's a great app to share information.

I will delete and re-download app and go from there. Thanks for the help.

I don't get how many people have viewed. Maybe it's not on the tapatalk app I use. It only has how many have commented. I tried transferring music that I put into iTunes myself from a cd and the recipient still had to purchase it. That's why with your thread I surmised that's how it is. If its wrong I apologise. Let us know how you get on with reinstalling it. 👍

iHolophyte

Did not realize you were using tapatalk. I do not believe it is a function of that. I actually just bought that app yesterday (fantastic app BTW). But thanks again for the input. You are probably spot on about the transferreance of music like that. We will have to do a test run tomorrow.

Update: bump sends the information such as title of song, artist, etc. but does not send the actual data for the song file. It ties together with the iTunes store so you can preview, download, or browse. Thanks to anyone who responded.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Update: bump sends the information such as title of song, artist, etc. but does not send the actual data for the song file. It ties together with the iTunes store so you can preview, download, or browse. Thanks to anyone who responded.

So I was right? 😜

iHolophyte

I guess so lol. Thanks again or your help. I just needed to se what would happen for myself. I figured it only sent everything about it, but it's just the details the rest is to be downloaded.