What's new

Built in Speakers

Phil Evans

Reaction score
The only sound I can now get from my 5s is through the built in speakers. The headphones no longer work or cut out the sound from the built in speakers. I have the same problem using the docking station. Everything worked fine for three weeks and then this. Any ideas?

The only sound I can now get from my 5s is through the built in speakers. The headphones no longer work or cut out the sound from the built in speakers. I have the same problem using the docking station. Everything worked fine for three weeks and then this. Any ideas?
You might want to consider having your iPhone checked out by Apple. What you describe is certainly not proper behaviour and should be checked out. Your phone is under warranty so you should be able to get it replaced if the problem is caused by a hardware issue.

I'll second that, Apple will no doubt exchange your phone.

Let us know how it goes, also in case you didn't see my post don't forget you have 90 days of free phone support with Apple, this is invaluable in the early day's of having a new device.

A very frustrating day. A visit to nearby Barnsley and two visits to Sheffield before the phone was found to be faulty and replaced

I've now spent the last 4 hours trying to download my data from iCloud. Why won't the little black line move? Going to bed and hopefully a miracle will have happened when I get up in the morning.

After much blood sweat and tears I now have a replacement iPhone with every with everything working as it should. Full marks to the Apple Store zero marks to the Carphone Warehouse. If I get a repetition of the problem on this 5s then I'll take the easy way out and just commit suicide.

I've only found one other person on another Internet Forum with the the same problem. The problem there started after use on a docking station. I use mine a lot that way as well!!!

After much blood sweat and tears I now have a replacement iPhone with every with everything working as it should. Full marks to the Apple Store zero marks to the Carphone Warehouse. If I get a repetition of the problem on this 5s then I'll take the easy way out and just commit suicide.

I've only found one other person on another Internet Forum with the the same problem. The problem there started after use on a docking station. I use mine a lot that way as well!!!
Thats great that you got it sorted, I could have told you not to bother going to Carphone warehouse for help, been there done that, I wouldn't buy as much as a case from them now.....You should be just fine now.....You might want to check that you're updated to 7.0.4, the update just came in, if not just go to setting and update.