What's new

Bricked iPhone. 04.10.01

gray_mouse

Reaction score
Came home drunk, decided to upgrade to 4.3.2, forgot about baseband preservation mode in sn0wbreeze. It's now at 04.10.01.. I'm screwed for a while, right?

bad time to upgrade your iphone or mess with it.. while drunk.. i am afraid to say you are, is there no way you can use the carrier its locked to for now? either that or just jailbreak and use it as an ipod touch for now

It made me mad. I wanted to kick someone really bad for it. Don't really care that it's me to blame, just want to kick someone up for it.

I have a second iphone, which I wanted to sell. I'll have to use it now, and the bricked one will have to wait for ultrasn0w release that will unlock it.

so the other iphone is unlocked and on 01.59 baseband? what carrier is the one your having problems with locked to?

I'm on 4.10.1 and I'm unlocked on T-Mobile. The gevey sim is your only option, really. There's no unlock yet for that baseband. You didn't preserve your baseband, so buying an unlock is the price to pay.

Funny thing is that the heavens and our God Odin were all trying to stop me from upgrading. I had gs.apple set in hosts and it was giving me 1397 something error.

I'm on MTC carrier, we don't have AT&T here.

Idea, I was an AT&T customer and had a locked razr, so I called them for unlock code and they gave it to me. Maybe I'll ask them again for iPhone.

I'm on 4.10.1 and I'm unlocked on T-Mobile. The gevey sim is your only option, really. There's no unlock yet for that baseband. You didn't preserve your baseband, so buying an unlock is the price to pay.

gevey sim just brings problems and is illegal in most countries

So, are you saying that he should just use his iPhone 4 as an iPod when he obviously bought it for a phone? Do you not understand that T-Mobile people that buy new iPhones actually spent over 500 dollars for their iPhone? We don't have contracts with AT&T YET. If the phone is not unlocked, it will NOT work, and you don't think that a gevey sim should be used? Many things on the iPhone have always been "illegal", but you don't see much happening about it. Apple even made jailbreaking legal. Once they see they can't do anything, they make it legal.

Last edited:
If you're actually relying on the unlock, it could be a while until the dev team unlocks 4.10.1.

So, are you saying that he should just use his iPhone 4 as an iPod when he obviously bought it for a phone? Do you not understand that T-Mobile people that buy new iPhones actually spent over 500 dollars for their iPhone? We don't have contracts with AT&T YET. If the phone is not unlocked, it will NOT work, and you don't think that a gevey sim should be used? Many things on the iPhone have always been "illegal", but you don't see much happening about it. Apple even made jailbreaking legal. Once they see they can't do anything, they make it legal.

Most people don't realise the complications in unlocking in an iPhone. They just assume they can get it unlocked. If your iPhone needs unlocked your best to try pay the carrier to unlock it for you. Failing that you need a baseband that can be unlocked by ultrasnow, but that's not as simple as it sounds. If those two options don't work out then it's best just to wait for the next unlock. It's harsh but true. Those gevey sims are illegal in most countries as it requires dialing an emergency number (112) to get them to work. They have also known to cause overheating issues and it can be easy to get a fake (there's plenty on both eBay and amazon) If it was me and I had the choice between an expensive iPod (until the nex unlock comes out) or a gevey sim I'd choose the expensive iPod and learn the hard lesson.

As for jailbreaking it has technically never been illegal. Apple just said it was and it only included America. It's been passed by the courts in America as legal for a couple of years now...

I am suggesting his best option is to use it as an ipod touch (for now) until there is a working version of ultrasn0w for his baseband..

I am well aware of amounts of money spent for their phones and that they want to use it as a phone otherwise they would just buy the ipod touch..

i spent 992.794 USD on my iphone 4.. i would never suggest to peopel to use Gevey sim.. firstly its illegal because you dial 112 and secondly its not reliable at all and a waste of money.. i do mention it so people know their options but i always advise against using such methods to unlock iphones..

in the case of buying a phone locked to att you know what? i would rather just pay a few bucks and either buy a micro sim from att a pay as you go one or just drive to canada and buy a factory unlocked one, if i lived in the us there is nothing that would make me use those sim solutions or even the perm unlock solutions that we saw recently that stopped working, why not tell him to use that? throw away some more money ;p

unlocking and jailbreaking is legal in the us.. its just it breaks apples Eula. nothing illegal about it..

plus its different imagine thousands of people calling 112 emergency numbers in one go? its not about not being able to stop it or not its all the people making emergency numbers busy when people really need it, even though its only for two seconds when every one does it at the same time it causes problems, that is why it will never be legal.. and how long did the turbo sims work for before they stopped working? you cannot rely on such poor methods of unlock, i give it one or two firmwares max and it will stop working.. if your lucky..

its good for every one to know all their options so they can decide for themselves but i strongly recommend just waiting for ultrasn0w.. i know i used to rely on unlock in 2007 when there was no such thing as factory unlocked iphones and i hated even waiting a week for my unlock so i know how annoying it is to try rely on dev teams but its the best option out there over all of them, plus you cant beat free.

I am suggesting his best option is to use it as an ipod touch (for now) until there is a working version of ultrasn0w for his baseband..

I am well aware of amounts of money spent for their phones and that they want to use it as a phone otherwise they would just buy the ipod touch..

i spent 992.794 USD on my iphone 4.. i would never suggest to peopel to use Gevey sim.. firstly its illegal because you dial 112 and secondly its not reliable at all and a waste of money.. i do mention it so people know their options but i always advise against using such methods to unlock iphones..

in the case of buying a phone locked to att you know what? i would rather just pay a few bucks and either buy a micro sim from att a pay as you go one or just drive to canada and buy a factory unlocked one, if i lived in the us there is nothing that would make me use those sim solutions or even the perm unlock solutions that we saw recently that stopped working, why not tell him to use that? throw away some more money ;p

unlocking and jailbreaking is legal in the us.. its just it breaks apples Eula. nothing illegal about it..

plus its different imagine thousands of people calling 112 emergency numbers in one go? its not about not being able to stop it or not its all the people making emergency numbers busy when people really need it, even though its only for two seconds when every one does it at the same time it causes problems, that is why it will never be legal.. and how long did the turbo sims work for before they stopped working? you cannot rely on such poor methods of unlock, i give it one or two firmwares max and it will stop working.. if your lucky..

its good for every one to know all their options so they can decide for themselves but i strongly recommend just waiting for ultrasn0w.. i know i used to rely on unlock in 2007 when there was no such thing as factory unlocked iphones and i hated even waiting a week for my unlock so i know how annoying it is to try rely on dev teams but its the best option out there over all of them, plus you cant beat free.

u spent more than I did.. 900. Also, well put.

Last edited by a moderator: