What's new

Borrowed 3GS Doesn't Have Much Signal

Speedracer 64

Reaction score
I borrowed a friends 3GS since I broke mine. Hers has horrible signal with it. Sitting at home with my phone I was getting 5 bars of service. With hers it usually no service and 1 bar coming in and out. Anything I can check that might be causing this?

It would be a strange coincidence but it could be a tower issue and may have happened since your phone broke. Since it isn't your phone I don't know what you could do about it. I've had it happened and my provider, Verizon, put in a ticket and it was fixed in about 4 days.

Any setting that could have been changed by her that would affect it?

I have another idea and don't know if this would have anything to do with it. This phone is only running IOS 4.3.5. Would this have anything to do with that? I'm not sure if it would and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I have another idea and don't know if this would have anything to do with it. This phone is only running IOS 4.3.5. Would this have anything to do with that? I'm not sure if it would and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Anybody?

Call AT&T and see if they have the ability to update the tower list on the iPhone. Odds are her tower list is out of date if the phone hasn't been used in the last 6 months to a year.

I updated the software and AT&T updated my sim card. Still very little service.

Speedracer 64 said:
I updated the software and AT&T updated my sim card. Still very little service.

Have you tried disabling the 3G network in settings?