What's new

Bluetooth pairing with PC problem and cant find pics from old sim . Iphone 3GS

spitfire248

Reaction score
Hello,
New to Iphone 3GS and after much reading and hours of pulling out the little hair I have left, I hope someone can assist. Two problems : 1: After putting in Sim card from old phone, the Iphone works ok ... but it cannot seem to find all the treasured photos I had on the Sim ... looked everywhere. This led to problem 2 : I thought I would pair with my pc via a Belkin USB Bluetooth and simply transfer the photos and my favourite ringtones from PC . It goes through pairing procedure, with code etc, but then Vista says cant transfer files and starts to look for new driver? If both the Iphone and PC discover each other already, why does it do that?. Incidently, Windows says 'cant find new hardware. I have also tried connecting the Iphone via USB cable direct to PC, but again file transfer fails? Any ideas anyone please? Thank you very much in advance.
Doug G

Hello,
New to Iphone 3GS and after much reading and hours of pulling out the little hair I have left, I hope someone can assist. Two problems : 1: After putting in Sim card from old phone, the Iphone works ok ... but it cannot seem to find all the treasured photos I had on the Sim ... looked everywhere. This led to problem 2 : I thought I would pair with my pc via a Belkin USB Bluetooth and simply transfer the photos and my favourite ringtones from PC . It goes through pairing procedure, with code etc, but then Vista says cant transfer files and starts to look for new driver? If both the Iphone and PC discover each other already, why does it do that?. Incidently, Windows says 'cant find new hardware. I have also tried connecting the Iphone via USB cable direct to PC, but again file transfer fails? Any ideas anyone please? Thank you very much in advance.
Doug G
Firstly i don't think your photos would be on your sim and secondly Apple devices won't recognise any other devices that are non Apple,hope that helps.

Hello,
Doug G
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

i moved your post here to 3Gs,you will find more info on your phone here.

Hello Poisonivy, and thank you very much for your prompt reply. Apologies for posting in wrong area, so thank you again for moving it to an appropriate section. Well ...ha ..does your answer help? ... Well ... it wasn't quite what I wanted to hear :( ... see ..friends say how great an Iphone is, but forgot to mention what I would call basic, user friendly, non Appple issues. So, from your reply it seems I simply can't add my previous pictures and ringtones, unless I find someone with an Apple PC to put the files on first, then hopefully transfer to Iphone. I shall go away in a huff now and wonder if I made the right decision in buying an Iphone. Thank you a lot anyway for the clarification.
Regards Doug G

Hello Poisonivy, and thank you very much for your prompt reply. Apologies for posting in wrong area, so thank you again for moving it to an appropriate section. Well ...ha ..does your answer help? ... Well ... it wasn't quite what I wanted to hear :( ... see ..friends say how great an Iphone is, but forgot to mention what I would call basic, user friendly, non Appple issues. So, from your reply it seems I simply can't add my previous pictures and ringtones, unless I find someone with an Apple PC to put the files on first, then hopefully transfer to Iphone. I shall go away in a huff now and wonder if I made the right decision in buying an Iphone. Thank you a lot anyway for the clarification.
Regards Doug G
well i would stay around anyway as someone more knowledgeable than i am may be able to help further,in the meanwhile enjoy your iPhone.

SIMs do not have the memory capacity to store photos. So you will never be able to transfer them that way. As for the rest of your data you can not use Bluetooth to transfer it. You will need to locate a program that will download the data from your old phone first to a PC. Then use iTunes to move that data to your iPhone.