What's new

Bluetooth Discovery Issues

Jnewms

Reaction score
I have a new bluetooth headset by plantronics. When I turn on the bluetooth on my iphone 4, it says "searching..." and never does anything. My mac laptop has enabled bluetooth, and so does my new headset. Any way I can fix this?

Thanks

Welcome,

Make sure both are discoverable. It will tell you how to do it in the manuals...

This doesn't seem right that phone should keep keep discovery on. Any suggestions?

It shouldn't. It should only be discoverable when you go into the bluetooth settings. Once paired with a device it will always be discoverable to that device...

I never know if I should start a new thread or not when I have a question that varies somewhat from the op so I apologize. But my question is after the device is paired shouldn't the phone discontinue discovery mode? In other words, should it only be in discovery mode for a certain time period?

Just exit the Bluetooth settings and your phone will no longer be discoverable. Once your pair a device the phone will still be discoverable invade you want to pair a second one...

I have the same type of question. I believe I paired and connected a Plantronics 975 to an iPhone 4 although it did not ask me to enter the device code when it paired it. However, when I go into Settings / General / Bluetooth the circle next to Devices is continually spinning. Is this normal?

I have a Jabra headset. I got it paired to my iPhone 4 no problem but when I turn the head set off and then try to reconnect later, the phone just spins. It lists the headset, says it is there but will not connect. My workaround is to turn the phone's bluetooth off and then turn it back on again to get it to connect. My old phone never had this problem. When I turned the headset on, it connected.

I have a Jabra headset. I got it paired to my iPhone 4 no problem but when I turn the head set off and then try to reconnect later, the phone just spins. It lists the headset, says it is there but will not connect. My workaround is to turn the phone's bluetooth off and then turn it back on again to get it to connect. My old phone never had this problem. When I turned the headset on, it connected.

Bluetooth is restricted and very buggy on iPhone. But at least there is a work around for you to get your phone Bluetooth to work.

I have the same type of question. I believe I paired and connected a Plantronics 975 to an iPhone 4 although it did not ask me to enter the device code when it paired it. However, when I go into Settings / General / Bluetooth the circle next to Devices is continually spinning. Is this normal?

It's normal, and that's why many think that Bluetooth keeps on looking for other discoverable device to pair with, and this behavior killing the battery's life of your phone, so when you don't use the Bluetooth it's highly advice to turn it off within the phone to save the battery life.

The bluetooth on my phone is like this as well. i just bought a new car with bluetooth and airplay built into it and sometimes in order to get my phone to connect to my car i have to turn my bluetooth off then turn it back on and then it'll connect. Im not sure why it does this, i'd say 7 out of 10 times i'll have to turn my bluetooth off then on to connect and the other 3 times it connects on it own perfectly. Kinda a weird situation but ive learn to live with it...