What's new

Big video

Phone

Reaction score
Hello

I took a really long video on my iPhone which I need to send to an email address. It is 45 minutes long.

This is is very very urgent and important so please respond soon !!!

I have an MOV file saved from my iPhone that's 379 MB. It's 3 minutes 52 seconds long which, if my arithmetic is correct, comes out to about 98 MB/minute. That makes your file approx. 4.4 GB in size. I don't think there's any chance at all that your ISP will allow email attachments that large. For example, mine allows attachments up to 10 MB in size. One option would be to burn it to a DVD or Blu-ray disc as a data file and snail mail it. Single layer DVDs hold up to 4.7 GB, so that might be a close one. If you use Blu-ray your recipient would have to have a Blu-ray drive to read it. Another option would be to use a file storage service such as Dropbox or Skydrive. There are other, probably better, ones but I haven't used them. Maybe others can make suggestions. You would have to upload your file to the service and share it with your recipient. Depending on the service you may have to pay a nominal fee to have enough storage for your file. Note that it's going to take quite some time to upload a file of that size.

It is probably too late, but you can, ala the Dropbox method, copy it to your computer and use a FTP service to transfer it.