What's new

Beta Testing

BernieWB59

Reaction score
Enjoying 10.3 right now. Some cool additions but the most impressive is the update to the file system. It's sorta like when pc's went from a FAT32 structure to NTFS. Big leap long overdue. Preparing for the future!

What is the... I should look it up
emoji848.png
emoji846.png

I'm sorry, what are you trying to find?

Last edited:
The update to the file system - I still have a little nerd in me - interested to know what was changed and what the goal was

Also, NTFS was around before FAT32. It was a result of the work IBM did with Microsoft that resulted in OS2. NTFS has benefits and advantages but also disadvantages when compared to FAT32.

The original line was NTFS stood for New Technology File System while I think it was a warning to anyone like IBM entering into a partnership with Microsoft - Never Trust Friendly Support - as the support disappeared and the intellectual property was in Bill's hands. :eek:

Last edited:
The update to the file system - I still have a little nerd in me - interested to know what was changed and what the goal was

Also, NTFS was around before FAT32. It was a result of the work IBM did with Microsoft that resulted in OS2. NTFS has benefits and advantages but also disadvantages when compared to FAT32.

The original line was NTFS stood for New Technology File System while I think it was a warning to anyone like IBM entering into a partnership with Microsoft - Never Trust Friendly Support - as the support disappeared and the intellectual property was in Bill's hands. :eek:

Err, fat 16
Fat 32
Ntfs
Ex fat 32
Is part of the timeline

Last edited:
Err, fat 16
Fat 32
Ntfs
Ex fat 32
Is part of the timeline

NTFS (Windows NT 3.1) predates FAT32 (Windows 95) by 3 years. Yes they are part of the timeline but NTFS was released around 3 years earlier than FAT32.

I do know about the existence of but not the substance of the system for the X Box (FATX) but not Ex FAT 32, anything after 2001 was after I finished school and was not in my text books. Same with processors, and I haven't kept up with them as I am not into software or hardware design.

It is, however, possible that I remember things incorrectly, though I had an eccentric/odd enough (and quite accomplished outside of academia) professor that somethings from then will stay with me for a very long time

Yeah I get that about NTFS and FAT32 dude. Just thought it might be a good analogy. I was in the IT biz for 35 years. Anyway here is a link that'll explain it all to you. https://www.google.com/amp/appleins...-detailed-at-wwdc-to-replace-hfs-in-2017/amp/.