What's new

Best Writing/Typing Assistant for iPhone

furashgf

Reaction score
Hi. I currently have an iPhone and will not be getting an iPad anytime soon. If I ever have to do substantial mobile writing, I just do it on paper, since, other than im messages or typing a short task, i'm not cranking away at anywhere near my normal typing speed.

Is there an application that somehow improves your entry speed (e.g., maybe with even better auto-prediction)? Has anyone paired a portable keypad with an iPhone. The trouble I had when I tried is that the Mophie Juice Pack I had enlarged the shape of the iPhone, and it would still shut down after whatever my autolock was set to.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Sounds to me like Dragon Dictation may be a solution to your issue. No typing, it just picks up your words and writes them down. Then you can text, or email what you wrote down to get to it later.

I always put my apple bluetooth keyboard into my backpack, when I expect to write more than 3 sentences during the day.

I hated it always to write longer textes onto a virtual keyboard.
Dictation with siri is not bad, but of course several corrections are necesssary.
And Siri is beta. Many options to enter non natural text precisely are missing. Siri is a child yet, not an adult.
I still prefer the keyboard. I'm typing with 10 fingers blind.

If you like typing textes on the iphone I can recommend the app Elements to you.
It's an editor. Very clean, very smart.
It synchronizes via Dropbox.
That means: you can edit your text at home at your desktop computer. And you can continue at the text on your iPhone.

May be some I will find a nice iPhone holder, which could be fixed at the apple bluetooth keyboard when that is lying on the knees (and not on a desk). But it seems there's no such holder.