What's new

Best wired earbud headset

I always loved my altec lansing 903 blue tooth stereo headset, in my opionion they are the best sounding ear phones. I got tired of killing my iphone battery from using the bluetooth. I bought the skullcandy ear buds for around 50 bucks and boy they sound damn good and they are very comfortable. Skull candy for the win.

Honestly, I've never liked Skull Candy. Their looks and even their sound don't do it for me. I don't want skulls on my products, that's just how it is.

I've never found Bose to be worth the extra price, I think they lack features for their price. Of course, enough people say the same things about Apple products.

I went with the Apple wired earbuds. They fit perfectly and the dual drivers give me the depth of sound I was looking for. The mic and remote controls are exactly what I wanted. Found them for $55 after shipping on Amazon and they even came in their retail package.

NewdestinyX said:
"Flat" isn't really what you're going for in 'recreational' listening which was the context of this discussion. You want to listen 'flat' when you're 'mixing' a CD. Still these Zagg earbuds are not too colored (i.e. fairly flat). The Bose are amazing too as the last poster said...D

as you say everyone has their own opinion. I think people are looking for the V sound not flat. That is how most head set are built. I use Weston's (quality sound) and Sennheiser (variety). But only you can say what is good for you. You also should consider fit to avoid pop-out. Bottom line is you'll never beat over the ear cups.

NewdestinyX said:
Reread my post, Zipur. We agree 100% that recreational listening people want a 'colored / non flat' sound - the "V" sound you're referring to. I do too. But a mixing engineering needs flat listening so they don't make wrong mixing choices thinking there's too much bass and highs which is what a V sound tells you.

It is also important to have at least dual driver for in ears if you want to hear well. But I would disagree that all cup earphones are better for accurate listening. With the invention of dual and tri driver in ear buds - they have the potential to be even better than cup earphones since they block out all sound but the source material and because most cup earphones have only 1 driver.

I m pretty shocked how come no one in the forum even mentioned klipsch s4i or the v moda vibe duo.and people here buy iPhone for sound quality.but what's the point of listening to tunes if u really are not concerned about the high mid and lows of a headphone

xplod566 said:
I m pretty shocked how come no one in the forum even mentioned klipsch s4i or the v moda vibe duo.and people here buy iPhone for sound quality.but what's the point of listening to tunes if u really are not concerned about the high mid and lows of a headphone

And I think these headphones
Are pretty costly what u r referring to.plus they are professional headphones.These r not meant for iPhone.Since the lows are a bit on the low side on iPhone so a bit of vanilla is always recommended for music listeners as their headphone should have that flavour.Remember s4i and v moda vibe duo are budget headphones which gives awesome sound quality for I devices and specifically made for idevices...

VModa great, full sound. They have a good selection and price range. I also have a set of Woodies, they are ok but wouldn't buy another set.

sgtjiggy said:
VModa great, full sound. They have a good selection and price range. I also have a set of Woodies, they are ok but wouldn't buy another set.

But v moda are mainly for people who are bass head ;-)

xplod566 said:
But v moda are mainly for people who are bass head ;-)

Really? Lol. I just go into the EQ and adjust to my liking, my ears are all messed up anyway. I worked around jets and guns for too many years.

sgtjiggy said:
Really? Lol. I just go into the EQ and adjust to my liking, my ears are all messed up anyway. I worked around jets and guns for too many years.

Oh that's great.well which one you have?i wanted the vibe duo but then in India the availability is almost nill.so bought the klipsch s4i and found them pretty satisfactory :)

sgtjiggy said:

I listen to R&B coz in rock the treble is a bit sssssssssss type which I feel just hurts my ears.ewwwww ;-)

xplod566 said:
I listen to R&B coz in rock the treble is a bit sssssssssss type which I feel just hurts my ears.ewwwww ;-)

The vibe II and I think the other pair is the duo. Vibe sounds better and is made
Of metal not plastic.

I mostly use my plantronics backbeat 903 BT wireless headset. Love them. U can still hear sound around you, good for running and biking of you are into that.

Sent from my i

sgtjiggy said:
The vibe II and I think the other pair is the duo. Vibe sounds better and is made
Of metal not plastic.

I mostly use my plantronics backbeat 903 BT wireless headset. Love them. U can still hear sound around you, good for running and biking of you are into that.

Sent from my i

Wow that seems good.btw I purchased the klipsch s4i an after burning it I kinda like the sound quality.not bad at that price range

sgtjiggy said:
Of metal not plastic.

Sent from my i

But then again doesn't wireless mean loosing some data in the songs?!!

xplod566 said:
But then again doesn't wireless mean loosing some data in the songs?!!

It was choppy at times when 20 or more feet from my iPhone 4. With the iPhone 4s I have yet to lose a connection even at 35+ feet. I really have no complaints with the sound. If I really want to get into the music I will put in the Vmoda buds.

Sent from my i4s

xplod566 said:
Wow that seems good.btw I purchased the klipsch s4i an after burning it I kinda like the sound quality.not bad at that price range

How about the fall out effect do the buds stay in your ear?