What's new

best way to handle an incoming call when awakening

fiat

Reaction score
Hi, I am annoyed when my 5s (with FP ID intact) is awakened by an incoming call and luck screen show up. Can you advise what's the best way to deal and handle at this point? I want to just enter home screen and be able to see who is calling, then decide either take the call or pass/refuse. Sometime I was able to place my finger to unlock, but it then immediately accepted the call forcing me to take the unknown call. Do I handle this situation properly or miss something I could do better? Thanks

Hi, I am annoyed when my 5s (with FP ID intact) is awakened by an incoming call and luck screen show up. Can you advise what's the best way to deal and handle at this point? I want to just enter home screen and be able to see who is calling, then decide either take the call or pass/refuse. Sometime I was able to place my finger to unlock, but it then immediately accepted the call forcing me to take the unknown call. Do I handle this situation properly or miss something I could do better? Thanks
If it shows "Unknown", then the caller is either using *67, it's restricted, or they have caller ID in settings turned off. Otherwise, you should see a number. If they're in your contacts, you should see a name.

Ledsteplin, Yes, I can see the number on luck screen. What I want is unluck and enter home page to decide what to do with the incoming call. But if I place my finger to unlock, it'll automatically accept the call and I have no way to pass/refuse except "hang up", which is odd to do... So my question comes down to this: how do I unlock my iphone without accepting incoming call? Any suggestion? Am I missing something?

Press the power button and it will disconnect the call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin, Yes, I can see the number on luck screen. What I want is unluck and enter home page to decide what to do with the incoming call. But if I place my finger to unlock, it'll automatically accept the call and I have no way to pass/refuse except "hang up", which is odd to do... So my question comes down to this: how do I unlock my iphone without accepting incoming call? Any suggestion? Am I missing something?
Be sure all your friends and family are in your contacts. That way you'll see a name. Then if a number shows you don't know, you can either answer it or disconnect by pressing the top power button. If it turns out to be important, you can call it back.

Thanks, 95 & Ledsteplin. Ok, so press home button (and scan FP) will accept the call; then press power button will disconnect it. But if just press power button (not press and scan home button first), what will happen? Will it just refuse the call or take & disconnect the call? Question remains: Can I unlock and enter home screen without taking/answering/accepting the call? Tks

I think once you slide to unlock it will answer the call and not give you an option to refuse the call. Once it rings just decide if you want to answer. If not press the power button to end the call. If you do that it will send them to voicemail if you have that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey 95, This is so confusing! First, it's the rings that awaken my sleeping iphone, so the rings come before "slide to unlock" not after. Second, when it rings, (I am not sure) is "slide" the only way to unlock? Finger ID won't work? I have both finger ID and passcode (7 #) set up for protection. If "slide" is the only way to unlock, then it'll force me to scramble my 7# PC. That's ridiculous and incredulous way to take a call! Any way, I think I may have (or like) to give up this crap process if I can confirm this: when incoming call awakens my iphone, pressing power button will "stop" the rings and my iphone go back to sleep. Now "stop" the rings can mean many things: the call is accepted (connected) and then cut off (disconnected), or the call try been terminated (fail), or the call been refused, or the caller been sent to voicemail, or ... which of these is what really happens? I apologize if I am causing more confusion due to the fact that I have never used a cellphone/smartphone before (5s is my first). Thanks for your patience.

On my iPhone 4S if I press the power button (top of phone) it will send the call to the recording and the caller has the option of leaving a message or not.