What's new

Best UK Speed Trap App?

Martc

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an app which warns of safety cameras and possible mobile radar speed traps? I've tried a few but none seem to be very effective. Navfree is good, but it seems to only run in navigation mode. Thanks.

Just do not speed and you will not have to worry about speed "traps".

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Ho Ho Ho !! You've obviously never inadvertantly exceeded a speed limit! Congratulations.

Ho Ho Ho !! You've obviously never inadvertantly exceeded a speed limit! Congratulations.

Inadvertently exceeding the speed limit isn't something to be proud of fella. By going over the limit by 5mph is enough to kill an innocent by-stander. Being on the speed limit could be enough to save that persons life. Think on!

iHolophyte

Thanks very much - I'll have a look at them.

Nice to hear from a sensible person at last!

I am not for anything that allows drivers to speed.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

I am not for anything that allows drivers to speed.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

OneMarcil,

The reason for having a device like this is to prevent speeding, not to allow it. Imagine having your wife/partner sitting next to you whenever you drive, pointing out speed limits, accident blackspots, dangerous junctions etc. Would this make you a safer or more dangerous driver?

By the way, having driven now for 50 years I'm not a boy racer - I just don't want my old age pension being taken if I absent-mindedly go at 33 mph for 100 yards.

Martc said:
OneMarcil,

The reason for having a device like this is to prevent speeding, not to allow it. Imagine having your wife/partner sitting next to you whenever you drive, pointing out speed limits, accident blackspots, dangerous junctions etc. Would this make you a safer or more dangerous driver?

By the way, having driven now for 50 years I'm not a boy racer - I just don't want my old age pension being taken if I absent-mindedly go at 33 mph for 100 yards.

Peeps that own any sort of radar detector tend to be speeders until the device picks up a police radar that is the boy time these peeps low wn.

Sent from my 64gb iPad