What's new

Best tethering app for Att iPhone 4S (Pdanet vs. Tetherme)

DJ_Jungle

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to jailbreaking and would like to jailbreak my iPhone 4S mainly so I can tether to my iPad. I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan from Att. I really don't want to lose it. Can someone recommend a good tethering app? I'm concerned about Att finding out about my unauthorized tethering and losing my unlimited plan. I heard Pdanet and thetherme are both good, but users have also said that Att has kicked them off the unlimited data plan because they found out they were tethering using these apps. I don't plan to use a huge amount of data (probably 2-4g most months, maybe 5-6g on occasional months). Thanks for your help!

That's a substantial amount of data and will most likely raise a red flag if your current data usage isn't that high. Regardless of app, it'll still raise that flag if you suddenly jump from 2-3 GB to an additional 3-4 GB or more. I would say call AT&T and look for different reps and see if one of them can implement tethering for your contract without the monthly fee.

I tethered on AT&T for a year and a half with TetherMe and never had an issue. I tethered quite a bit, probably about 10-20GB/month. I am now on Verizon and have continued using TetherMe for the past year, and still have never had a problem. Definitely worth the $5.