What's new

Best jailbreak software

Mikejr20

Reaction score
I've not a newbie to jailbreaking but now I'm reading about absinthe? So which is better redsnow or absinthe? I've always used redsnow cause I think it's easier but I've been reading a lot of ppl using the other one. Why is this? I have an iPhone 4s on 5.1.1. So which one is easier or better?

they are both the same to me, I had used both my self. The difference to me will be the absinthe always come out first and the then redsnow. The are both simple, however to me absinthe is even more because you dont even have to put the iphone on dfu and is on click jailbreak.

again just my 10 cents... lol

^def absinthe is better! Just plug your phone in and click a button. Nothing else needed!

Wow that does sound simple! Can either of you send the link to download absinthe in a PM?

I'm having a huge issue. It doesn't get past the beginning jailbreak part. The pic shows where I keep getting stuck at.
ae30d17e-3fe7-d65e.jpg

Mikejr20 said:
I'm having a huge issue. It doesn't get past the beginning jailbreak part. The pic shows where I keep getting stuck at.

When it says this may take awhile they mean it.
Does it error out?

What I would recommend is reset your settings after you make a backup of your iPhone 4s
So that it is clean with no data then run absinthe then restore after.

No it didn't error out but I waited well over 30 min twice.

ae30d17e-3fe7-d65e.jpg

I know what your problem is. U have to restore your phone to factory. Back up your phone first. After done restore phone. Once it's done and ur phone is on and running don't put the music etc. on your phone just yet. Run absinthe and it should run extremely quickly.

I did that and iTunes didn't save my back up so it finally jailbroke but then it restored to my old 3GS back up from last year thank god I use iCloud cause that has a back up from yesterday. So after all that I lost Cydia and I'm re downloading all my stuff.

Problem I have is I restore my phone to a new phone and it works but of course all my apps and photos are gone. Any way I can restore from iCloud after I jailbreak my phone?

Had the same issue with the the Jailbreak hanging in the same place. Fould out I had to ensure all security was off (passwords and screen lock etc). Once these were removed, worked within a few minutes.