What's new

Bedtime mode for iPhone

radamo

Reaction score
I am led to believe there is no way to automatically have the iphone go into a bedtime mode each evening...
Phone Ringer = On
Text Sound = Off
eMail Sound = Off
Alarm Sound = On

Does anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks,
RA

I am led to believe there is no way to automatically have the iphone go into a bedtime mode each evening...
Phone Ringer = On
Text Sound = Off
eMail Sound = Off
Alarm Sound = On

Does anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks,
RA

I asked the same question a month ago. There is no way to do this. I think it's a bad design. I need to keep my phone on at night because I have kids but I don't want each email to wake me up. On the Droid, you can set the hours for the alert. Apple hasn't figured it out yet.

yeah missed having that option, I used Timeriffic on android but don't show for apple

You can do this on a jailbroken iPhone. But not a stock one.

SBProfiles is the name of the tweak I think. Not sure. I know there is a tweak that does it.

You set different preferences to activate at a certain time.

Like if you want your wifi to turn off and 3G to turn on, brightness to go up by 8:00 when you leave for work.

And you want your phone to toggle Airplane mode on at 10:00 for bed time.

Along with the settings you mentioned above.
Can pretty much configure your phone to do whatever you want at the time you set.

Just set the settings and the phone will switch profiles at the time you set....so you don't have do it manually.

Last edited:
You can do this on a jailbroken iPhone.

Looks like I may have to investigate this. Have a call with Apple set for 20 minutes from now. See what they have to say about this.
Thanks for the replies.

radamo said:
Looks like I may have to investigate this. Have a call with Apple set for 20 minutes from now. See what they have to say about this.
Thanks for the replies.

What do you mean "investigate"? There is nothing to investigate.lol.

What do you mean "investigate"? There is nothing to investigate.lol.
I was referring looking into Jailbreaking. But considering I am already at 5.1 I guess I need to just wait...

radamo said:
I was referring looking into Jailbreaking. But considering I am already at 5.1 I guess I need to just wait...

What would you have asked Apple about Jailbreaking?

What would you have asked Apple about Jailbreaking?
Nothing about Jailbreaking??? I asked if there was some undocumented way to make my phone do what I asked here. Being new to iPhone I am still absolutely amazed when features like this are missing. Not only missing but restricted so that you have to Jailbreak it to make it work.

Not trying to be flippant, but I would highly suggest switching to Android if you need this feature.

There is a reason Apple doesn't have what some people consider "Common Sense" or "Android has it" features. It mostly has to do with the fact that iOS devices simply work because they aren't overloaded with a ton of silly little features that 95% of their users have "never asked for".

Always keep this in mind. This forum represents less than .0000001% of all iOS device users on the planet. Even if every single user here wrote a letter to Apple requesting a single new feature, I doubt it would even get the attention of the mail room boy.

Not trying to be flippant, but I would highly suggest switching to Android if you need this feature.

There is a reason Apple doesn't have what some people consider "Common Sense" or "Android has it" features. It mostly has to do with the fact that iOS devices simply work because they aren't overloaded with a ton of silly little features that 95% of their users have "never asked for".

Always keep this in mind. This forum represents less than .0000001% of all iOS device users on the planet. Even if every single user here wrote a letter to Apple requesting a single new feature, I doubt it would even get the attention of the mail room boy.

"Not trying to be flippant?"... hmmm... okay, if you say so. BTW, this is also a standard feature much easier to use on BB. You can customize your bedside mode simply by plugging in your charger. Just because it is not a feature you need does not mean that "most" users don't need this. I am coming from Android because there are many aspects to IOS that are present a much better user experience. This just does not happen to be one of them.
Thanks for your reply.

"Not trying to be flippant?"... hmmm... okay, if you say so. BTW, this is also a standard feature much easier to use on BB. You can customize your bedside mode simply by plugging in your charger. Just because it is not a feature you need does not mean that "most" users don't need this. I am coming from Android because there are many aspects to IOS that are present a much better user experience. This just does not happen to be one of them.
Thanks for your reply.

I knew no matter how I stated it, you would take it that way. Simply put you inferred something that wasn't there. I was just being blunt. I tried to help steer you the other way. You failed to understand that.

Blackberries are dead. So they don't figure into any part of a conversation other than to ask "who will buy their patents"?

I never typed "I don't need this feature". You made an assumption and a very bad one. That's twice now you missed the mark.

I spent 18 months on Android as not only a user but also as a developer. This includes working with 3 different teams on custom ROMs. I left Android for one reason. It fails and iOS doesn't.

So you can either learn to read what I type as being dead serious or you can continue to make bad assumptions. But my post is factual. Apple only adds a feature when enough users ask for it or they deem it necessary for the continued success of the product. They haven't added your request yet. That can only mean one thing at present.

I knew no matter how I stated it, you would take it that way. Simply put you inferred something that wasn't there. I was just being blunt. I tried to help steer you the other way. You failed to understand that.

Blackberries are dead. So they don't figure into any part of a conversation other than to ask "who will buy their patents"?

I never typed "I don't need this feature". You made an assumption and a very bad one. That's twice now you missed the mark.

I spent 18 months on Android as not only a user but also as a developer. This includes working with 3 different teams on custom ROMs. I left Android for one reason. It fails and iOS doesn't.

So you can either learn to read what I type as being dead serious or you can continue to make bad assumptions. But my post is factual. Apple only adds a feature when enough users ask for it or they deem it necessary for the continued success of the product. They haven't added your request yet. That can only mean one thing at present.

I knew asking this question would get these types of responses. I hoped that also I would get some useful suggestions. I have worked in the software industry for over 25 years. I am not asking for "flash support". I am trying to be able to control the settings on my phone. Sorry if that would make it unstable...

I need popcorn.This is like watching the bold and the beautifull.

I knew asking this question would get these types of responses. I hoped that also I would get some useful suggestions. I have worked in the software industry for over 25 years. I am not asking for "flash support". I am trying to be able to control the settings on my phone. Sorry if that would make it unstable...

I gave the most concise, logical and factual answer that was available for your question. Sorry if the truth wasn't what you were looking for.

You have now stated your third "so far off base" assumption. When did anyone state "Make it unstable"? Since you have 25 years in the "industry", it doesn't make sense why you would even make those types of assumption.