What's new

Battery discharging too quickly

Preacher

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here and I really hope you can help me.

I have an old iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 and since a week ago it's battery isn't lasting too long. I don't use 3G, only wi-fi, so it's always off, but now the consuption of battery it's like 3G is on, almost 1% for each 2 minutes.

Even when it's in stand by... today it lost 20% of battery in 3 hours and the ONLY things I did was 2 calls that didn't last 2 minutes.

The first time I noticed this was when I was reading on it in bed. When I went to sleep I left it with aproximately 60-70% of battery. When I woke up in the next morning, the battery was COMPLETELY DEAD, no charge at all.

Since then the battery has never been the same, but before this day, it was normal.

The only thing I did in these past few days was to add some sources in Cydia, but I really don't think that was the cause.

You said its an old phone,maybe you need a new battery.

You could try one of the battery conditioning apps from the app store. Just make sure the app is 3G phone compatible.

Sent from my OEM iPhone

You said its an old phone,maybe you need a new battery.

Maybe, but don't you think it's a bit strange that it happened so suddenly?

Before the night when the battery died, it was ok.

I use Battery Boost Magic and it has helped my battery life, but I am also very hard on a battery. Believe there is a free and .99 cent one, I paid for the one I have and have heard good things about both before and after the purchase. But I am a noob to the iPhone, so don't take my word, LOL.

Sent from my OEM iPhone