What's new

Basically I am Desperate..

Buddha

Reaction score
My problem begins with this past weekend. I went to EDC this past weekend and it was great yata yata. I took a load of videos the past 3 days. now in order to keep taking videos i had to empty my phone so i could have space. I was using my friends computer to empty my phone onto. I was saving them in a folder on her desktop. Now the first day was the day i was most excited about, my favorite artist were playing and what not and the videos from this day were the most important. When i went to copy the videos over they copied and i foolishly deleted them off my phone before checking the folder to see if they all transfered, When i went to check after deleting i noticed that some were not go over and they were the BEST ones.

So now we are at my problem, How to retrieve those lost videos from my phone. Since i have been back i have been looking for ways to do this. I have read guides, installed programs that helped others but not i. I have turned to making my iphone a hard disk and using certain programs for that method. When it came to scanning my phone the programs would just freeze over and over.

I am certain there is a way to get this done, any ideas or stories you may have heard would be the best thing right now!
Please help!

My main computer is running windows, I am not on a mac.

Honestly... I'm not sure what can be done. Unless, you created a backup of your iPhone via iTunes sometime between recording the videos and when you deleted them. As far as programs that allow you to recover deleted items from an iDevice... those rarely work as they describe them to.

Thomasjtsi said:
Honestly... I'm not sure what can be done. Unless, you created a backup of your iPhone via iTunes sometime between recording the videos and when you deleted them. As far as programs that allow you to recover deleted items from an iDevice... those rarely work as they describe them to.

Plus one.

I've never seen a program that can retrieve deleted iPhone data flawlessly.
Your best bet, is an iTunes backup that may contain it, or an iCloud backup.

And the BSD Subsytem and Ubunto SSH Server?

Buddha said:
And the BSD Subsytem and Ubunto SSH Server?

You can try SSHing with i-FunBox to var/mobile/library/Trash.

Tho I don't think they would be in there.
Especially if you are not jailbroken.

You could also try i-FunBox's "video/music recovery". It is designed specifically for retrieving deleted data...and has worked for me before.

My deleted music always shows up. Never had any videos tho.

Have you considered using a program on the laptop to recover the files since they were on the laptop before being replaced? You can download several utilities for achieving that at majorgeeks dot com. I would suggest you try that route.

Hi friends,
me too, I think you created a backup of your iPhone via iTunes sometime between recording the videos and when you deleted them. As far as programs that allow you to recover deleted items from an iDevice... those rarely work as they describe them to.

The more you use your phone the more likely the data you deleted may be overwritten. You should start my making an image of the phone. I believe some data recovery company's may be able to recover the data should it not be overwritten. .

This is why I love the new iCloud. I was able to retrieve a bunch of stuff that I accidentally deleted.