What's new

Baseband 3.0.04

Patriciacaina

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was any way I could change my baseband to something that was unlockable because I heard there's no way I can unlock 3.0.04
How would I unlock an iPhone 4 with this baseband?

3.0.04 is the latest CDMA iPhone 4 (and iPhone 4S) Baseband. You can contact your wireless provider for unlocking services, if you're eligible. Other than that you'll need to pay for an IMEI unlock... AT YOUR OWN RISK. There are no end user methods of unlocking a CDMA iPhone. Also, there's no way to downgrade or change an iPhones Baseband, unless you're upgrading to a new iOS version.

You can't downgrade it to a different iOS to get an unlockable baseband?

Patriciacaina said:
Where would you pay for an IMEI unlock?

That's something you'll need to research on your own. We don't recommend that users take this route... therefore it's not a topic that we discuss.

Patriciacaina said:
You can't downgrade it to a different iOS to get an unlockable baseband?

You can downgrade your iOS version if you have SHSH's for that particular version. However, the downgrade process does not downgrade your Baseband. At this point, no matter what iOS version you're able to downgrade to, your Baseband will stay @ 3.0.04.

So all I can do is pretty much wait until someone finds a way to unlock baseband of 3.0.04?

Patriciacaina said:
So all I can do is pretty much wait until someone finds a way to unlock baseband of 3.0.04?
Considering you're using a CDMA iDevice, user end unlocks won't help you. GSM iDevices are the only ones affected by Unlocks. Your only options are having you're provider unlock or paying for it.