What's new

Backup cydia from ifunbox

kkchiu727

Reaction score
Can I backup Cydia app and tweaks from ifunbox to my computer ? Or backup it from another software ? ( I would like to use ifunbox ! ) Thx!!!!!!!

I recently jail broke my 4S. Since the apps and themes that I purchased via Cydia are associated with my account, I've not worried about backing them up.

I use iFunBox. I've copied, modified, and restored files but not apps.

No, iFunBox is just a USB transfer client, it is not used for backing up. If you want to back up your Cydia installations use XBackup or PKGBackup

No, iFunBox is just a USB transfer client, it is not used for backing up. If you want to back up your Cydia installations use XBackup or PKGBackup

Thanks for the clarification. Is it necessary to backup one's Cydia applications or is the fact that you can add and restore from Cydia sufficient?

It's not necessary, but it's convenient to back them up with one of those 3rd party applications so that you can just restore everything you had installed all at once. I would only recommend doing it if you are restoring to the same firmware you made the backup from though. Lots of people ran into problems trying to restore their Cydia backups when they upgraded from 4.x to 5.x.