What's new

Backing up 2phones on one itunes

OK, all that happens. The question is, how do I save the streaming music on to the phone itself?

You can't. You can however just plug your iPhone into your PC and drag and drop the music into it in iTunes.

Sorry, but each question leads to another: one computer is running itunes10.something; it doesn't see the iphone at all -- however, all attempts to check for upgrade lead to update server could not be contacted. That's question 1.

Meanwhile, this older version of itunes links with my ipod and allows me to sync my Outlook 2003 calendars and contacts found on the computer with the ipod.

However, with my latest version of both itunes and iphone, and something like Outlook 2010 running on a computer with Windows 7 pro, when I hardwire the iphone into itunes, the phone does appear on the device list. However, any attempt to sync it with the calendar on that computer fail, as I do not get the tabular options that i enjoy with the older versions of each. Instead, the only choice I get is to sync both the calendar and the contacts to the icloud; there is no option to sync with the computer itself. My contacts are backed up on my verizonwireless auto update; I would be willing to upload the calendar to the cloud, if I had any info as to how to do so, although I would still prefer to just back up from computer to phone or back again.