What's new

Automatically dial voicemail password (not visual voicemail)

Eric212

Reaction score
Hello, I did a search for this topic but didn't come up with much so I thought I'd ask.

My carrier (Straight Talk) doesn't support visual voicemail, so to retrieve my messages my phone has to actually place a call to the voicemail system where I can listen to audio prompts to listen to my messages, save, delete, etc.

In the phone app when I tap "voicemail" in the lower right corner of the screen it gives me an option to "call voicemail" How can I set it up so the phone will automatically dial my password after calling the voicemail system through this method?

I've been able to set something like this up on pretty much every other phone that I've owned but don't see an option to do it here. There are options to add a "wait" or "pause" and dial additional numbers for my regular contacts but I can't find a way to set it up so this will work when dialing the voicemail through the method I described above.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Eric

iPhone 6s Plus
iOS 11.1.1
Straight Talk (via AT&T)

Hello, I did a search for this topic but didn't come up with much so I thought I'd ask.

My carrier (Straight Talk) doesn't support visual voicemail, so to retrieve my messages my phone has to actually place a call to the voicemail system where I can listen to audio prompts to listen to my messages, save, delete, etc.

In the phone app when I tap "voicemail" in the lower right corner of the screen it gives me an option to "call voicemail" How can I set it up so the phone will automatically dial my password after calling the voicemail system through this method?

I've been able to set something like this up on pretty much every other phone that I've owned but don't see an option to do it here. There are options to add a "wait" or "pause" and dial additional numbers for my regular contacts but I can't find a way to set it up so this will work when dialing the voicemail through the method I described above.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Eric

iPhone 6s Plus
iOS 11.1.1
Straight Talk (via AT&T)
Dial into your voicemail and listen to all the options. There is usually something like password security that you can turn off, but your carrier may use other terminology. (I do not have Straight Talk, so this is just an idea based on my experience.)

Zstairlessone: That will call my voicemail, but still have to key in my password manually. I’m looking for a way to program then phone to dial the password automatically when the voicemail system picks up. There has to be a way, I was able to set that up even on my old flip phone...

Dial into your voicemail and listen to all the options. There is usually something like password security that you can turn off, but your carrier may use other terminology. (I do not have Straight Talk, so this is just an idea based on my experience.)
Thanks for the reply, yes that will work but then there will be no password for my voicemail at all, anyone who calls me can just press # when my outgoing message is playing and listen to my voicemail, change settings or even make an new password and lock me out.

Thanks for the reply, yes that will work but then there will be no password for my voicemail at all, anyone who calls me can just press # when my outgoing message is playing and listen to my voicemail, change settings or even make an new password and lock me out.
It is my understanding that removing the password security (on my carrier) only allows no password from my iPhone which I keep locked. The recording says pw is still required from any other phone.