What's new

auto backlight setting not working...

schollianmj

Reaction score
So I set my Iphone5's backlight at where I want it, then i turn on Auto-Brightness, but the auto never does anything... is this just my phone or is it due to Ios 6?

it should work make sure you don't block the light sensor at the top part of the phone

sensor isnt blocked. it really dont matter, other than its a function that SHOULD work on my phone that isnt. i still get great battery life, reallly have no issues with seeing the screen, just I know it isnt working...

I didn't think mine was working either, I tried covering the top with my hand and nothing happened. Go into a dark room, then shine a flashlight at the top of the phone. You should see the screen brighten.

Its working on ios 6.0.1 iphone 4s.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk!

When set on Auto it dims upon entering a dark room and brightens when I enter bright room. Why not the other way around?

in a dark room you dont need full brightness. even on dim in a dark room you can see the screen just fine. and in a bright environment you need the screen brighter to be able to see it.

on my iphone 5 with 6.0.1 it doesnt work. i mean its not like i use the function anyway but i tried it, and it didnt work

It clearly seems inconsistent. I keep finding posts talking about how to set it correctly, but it simply doesn't work consistently, and a majority of the time if it auto adjusts brighter after being unlocked, it won't auto adjust back down again.

I am still w 4S not a single problem!

I browse through these debating on the 5.... But may just wait for 5S or 6 lol whatever is next!
Shouldn't be too long!
One upgrade now than 3 in match LOL